News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Dynamics and fingering

Started by ThatGamer, December 16, 2014, 09:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatGamer

I've been struggling to play the music on Ninsheetmusic.com, mostly because it's just hard, but also because of the fact that there are no dynamics, (forte, piano) or fingering. If you could fix this, it would be helpful not just for me, but a lot of people. Thanks!
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Bespinben

I'm trying to include a lot more of those fine details of my arrangements lately. It really adds a lot not just to the playability, but to the aesthetic quality of the sheet as well. One of the reasons you find so many bad sheets is because the site didn't always have very high quality standards up until about 4 years ago.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

BlackDragonSlayer

In my day, we had to figure everything out for ourselves!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Olimar12345

Dynamic markings are now required on all incoming arrangements. Fingerings, however are not required, although they are encouraged.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

ThatGamer

Ok, I'm glad that you guys are starting to add those things now! Maybe I just got an old piece of music. On an unrelated topic, how many years has this site been around? I thought it was fairly new!
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Maelstrom

2008. I haven't even been here for a year, so I don't exactly know that much about its earlier days.

mikey

But before 2008 wasn't it known as something else like I thought we just celebrated nsm's 10th anniversary
unmotivated

Maelstrom

OK, you're right.
It had some sort of IP crisis, and the entire forum and most of the arrangements were lost. It has existed at this location since 2008

ThatGamer

Mmm, ok. I started playing some of the music of the site in 2013, when I was in Grade 5 piano.

Dude

Quote from: maelstrom. on December 17, 2014, 08:16:09 AM2008. I haven't even been here for a year, so I don't exactly know that much about its earlier days.
try 2004

Also, can I ask what song you're playing?

ThatGamer

I'm trying Deep Jungle Drift, from Super Mario 3D World, aka Piranha Creeper Creek. It's confusing though, the playback thing and such other things aren't working very well, and I can't find a ledger line. :-\

Maelstrom

Ledger lines appear automatically. Just put a note where it needs one. Don't scroll when playing back, it screws up the entire thing. It autoscrolls, btw.
Yet another tip: You can move the notes up and down by using the up and down arrows, respectivly

ThatGamer

How do I play back? There's no button for that...

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.