[DELETED] [NDS] Pokémon Black/White - "Musical Hall" (Replacement) by Joel Hands-Otte

Started by Zeta, December 16, 2014, 03:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Black/White
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Musical Hall
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Joel Hands-Otte

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

Bloop

Consider moving/removing some voices in this song, a lot of places are practically impossible to play. We don't have hands like Lizst, and even Lizst wouldn't be able to play this. There are also some places where the RH notes clash with the LH, like in the last few measures. I'd suggest looking over this sheet again.

The Deku Trombonist

Bloop

It misses lots of harmonies and even a few notes, but this version is a bit too much.

fingerz

Whoops! Lost track of this one too! Yeah, I think I was pushing my luck with this... I'll probably remove the octave bassline and just make it singular, otherwise people will end up doing Chopin jumps at triple the speed. ^^
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

FireArrow

That's pretty playable honestly. Removing the top not of the octave would do very little in terms of playability and removing the bottom note would take away from the harmony.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Bloop

But playing it legato that fast is impossible. Also, it results in too much power, whereas the song is pretty lightly played

fingerz

There we go. I've taken out the bottom octave to help fix the leaps and re-worked some of the right-hand stuff so it's not as GAH to play. Not that I play this stuff anyway, but if it satisfies you, GOOD.

I agree with it needing to sound light, but you really need the octaves in the right hand. Left can sorta go without, and it allows for the chords preceding the low notes to be in a slightly higher register and not sound as muddy.

Anyways, all's good now, yes? :3
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Bloop

ohwait there are no measure numbers fock

Page 2, row 2 m. 3 and row 3 m. 1, first note RH: Please (re)move the bottom note, compound major thirds are usually very hard to play, especially at this speed.
I'm not really a fan of sixths + octaves but I'd need a second opinion on this.

Aside that, much better! Seems less bombastic now.

Bespinben

In the light of the heated discussion concerning simplified arrangements co-existing alongside full ones, Team Updater (*working title*) has agreed that this solo arrangement shall be put on hold until a consensus is achieved. The grounds for this decision are:

This submission is now archived. Please resubmit once a consensus is achieved.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday