Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Wario Land 3
Console: Game Boy Color
Title: The Frigid Sea
Instrumentation Piano Duet
Arranger: them

DonValentino

I really like this because it is a true personal "arrangement" of the song instead of a transcription, but I think only transcriptions are allowed for submission.

Bespinben

I would say it's faithful as a transcription. All that"s different is the tempo is a little slower, the accompaniment is transposed an octave lower, and the LH of the Primo staves occasionally has a countermelody added. I'd say just making the tempo right and it's ready to go.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

them

Fixed!

Thanks for the comments!

DonValentino

Quote from: Bespinben on November 25, 2014, 11:02:05 AMI would say it's faithful as a transcription. All that"s different is the tempo is a little slower, the accompaniment is transposed an octave lower, and the LH of the Primo staves occasionally has a countermelody added. I'd say just making the tempo right and it's ready to go.

Really? I said nothing then. Didn't know own-made countermelodies were allowed. :p

Bespinben

Well, it depends on to what extent you take it. I don't know how I got away with some of my Link's Awakening replacements, tbh.

Them, I edited your submission. I noticed your PDF was a lot different than your MUS, so I tried to recreate what you had in your PDF. Hope you don't mind!

DonValentino

Quote from: Bespinben on December 01, 2014, 09:54:38 AMWell, it depends on to what extent you take it. I don't know how I got away with some of my Link's Awakening replacements, tbh.

Yeah, I remember your Mabe Village lol
I really like those kind of arrangements, but I still find kinda confusing how we aim for accuracy and to stay as close to the original as possible while own-made added parts are still accepted. I'm not saying they shouldn't though, I'm just thinking out loud.

Olimar12345

Don is right. Remove all of the new material if you would like to have it hosted here.

Besides the new material, there are other flaws within this arrangement:

-The repeat should go back to the beginning, not to measure two.

-All D's in the LH of piano II should be up an octave in measures 1-5 and in other places.

-Remove the articulations on consistent eighth-note runs such as 3, 5, 7, 11, etc.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bespinben

AGH! How did I not catch the bad repeat...

If this were a solo arrangement, then I would be of the same opinion too. I figured though since this was a duet, giving some extra things for the 4 hands to do is a kindness.

Olimar12345

There are other ways of making duets more active for both pianists that don't involve altering melodic content. This could make a nice duet without a single added note if you put your mind to it d:
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

DonValentino

Yeah, I've always thought that kind of things weren't allowed, but Bespinben really made me doubt lol

them

Hey guys, I'm just here to say that I don't want to raise any false hopes up. I'll be busy for a while, and won't be able to change the formats. You all are free to do what you want with the sheet music though.