[GBA] The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap - "Mt. Crenel" by NocturneOfShadow

Started by Zeta, November 24, 2014, 06:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

unmotivated

Xaoz

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 13, 2015, 01:25:35 PMIt's done!
Accept? :D

Arrangement is ok, I guess. But the guy who created that PDF... wow... such skill.

edit: Why did you actually not remove the last measure yourself, lol. I do not understand.

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

mikey

unmotivated

Xaoz

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

mikey

unmotivated

Brassman388

Okay, I'm going to give you an option. I can either A) Give you about a two-page dissertation as to what to fix as far as formatting, writing, etc. Or I can B) spend a couple of hours, get back to you tomorrow and show you with a revised sheet.

The choice is yours.

mikey

Part of me would like the dissertation to help me get better, but with school starting now I simply won't have time for 2 whole pages (that's 30 posts D: )  Option B would be nice and easier :P  and I always have my other arrangements for feedback to get better.  But if you do do the revision could you perhaps highlight a few of the bigger changes you made?
unmotivated

Brassman388

This is what I sorta-kinda want it to look and sound. I didn't get to go over a bunch of the trumpet and horn fanfares so, if you would be a dear and check those for me, that would be great.

A lot of what I did was just minimalizing the bass and reworking some of the chord issues and transitions and such.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36750916/Mt%20Crenel.mus

I can post later about specifics, but that'll be later today. Gotta go scrub dat toilet, yo.

mikey

OOOH I really like what you did to measure 18!!!
but I feel like there's gotta be a better way to do the ostinato :/ I really miss that ta-ta-tata-ta-ta, you know?
unmotivated

mikey

unmotivated

Brassman388

Cool. As far as I'm concerned, it's done.

Look over formatting and such and have Deku take a look at it.

The Deku Trombonist

Just a thought: with the LH riff, what if you tied the 8th on the and of beat 3 over to beat 4? Just to give a little breathing space, if you catch my drift.

It also then ties in with the rhythm of bar 19.

Brassman388

When it comes to the bass parts, I'm all up for suggestions on how to translate it.

Make the changes, confirm it with Nocturne and get that bad boy on the site.

The Deku Trombonist