Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon X/Y
Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: Route 15
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: FierceDeity

Olimar12345

I was really excited to look at this one, but the links are incorrect. Thanks for the youtube reference, as well. And the non-extended version, too! MVP right here!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FierceDeity

Oh, goddamnit. I even had it right the first time, but I made a small change and reuploaded right after, apparently without paying enough attention. They should be the right links now.

And of course I gave you the non-extended version, haha; I already had it up from doing the arrangement, and there's no way in hell I'd be subjecting myself to that scrolling nightmare.

Olimar12345

A few things:

-For consistency, add the trill on the half note in measure 12.

-Remove the rests in the second layer in measure 15.

-Measure 13 seems ambiguous... That trill seems to get in the way a bit, but I don't have a ready solution to suggest.

-Your missing some harmonies in measure 31.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FierceDeity

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 01, 2014, 09:26:51 AM-For consistency, add the trill on the half note in measure 12.

I left this out for a couple of reasons:
-The trill here doesn't last for nearly as long here as it does in measure 16, nor is it at the front of the sound.
-The trumpet stays on that note (at the front of the sound) without trilling (whereas in measure 16, the trumpet is on a different note, so the trill doesn't interfere).
-The trilling is in multiple voices at arguably different rates or starting points, so the actual motion isn't nearly as clear as is the melodic pitch of B.

If you still think it's necessary, I guess I don't have much of a choice, but I still disagree, haha.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 01, 2014, 09:26:51 AM-Remove the rests in the second layer in measure 15.

Whoops, I guess I didn't upload the most recent version, after all. Should be fixed now.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 01, 2014, 09:26:51 AM-Your missing some harmonies in measure 31.

Oops. I had been listening for a voice that led to the B in the last measure, but I guess I should have been listening for more of a leap. Fixed.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 01, 2014, 09:26:51 AM-Measure 13 seems ambiguous... That trill seems to get in the way a bit, but I don't have a ready solution to suggest.

I'm not sure what you mean; first, there's no trill in measure 13 (even after your recommended change from earlier). Did you mean measure 16? Second, I'm not quite sure what it means for a measure to be "ambiguous" without being more specific, haha. Are you concerned about the playability? If so, I don't think the trill's as much a cause for concern as that low D# half note in the right hand, which, come to think of it I should probably shorten to a quarter note or dotted quarter, because those last two eighth notes are really difficult to play while holding it.

EDIT: Also, I changed the pedaling near the end to a much more standard notation (and, though I'm not sure because finale's pedaling is so slight, I think it might actually work with the playback).

Olimar12345

(13 = 16)

I would suggest removing the trill all together. It happens elsewhere throughout the piece, but only appears it that one spot in your arrangement, making it feel odd and out of place.

The Deku Trombonist

I'm not convinced about the chords in the first 2 bars.

FierceDeity

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 03, 2014, 08:34:14 AMI would suggest removing the trill all together. It happens elsewhere throughout the piece, but only appears it that one spot in your arrangement, making it feel odd and out of place.

I'm only hearing one other spot, and that's at 12, which you already mentioned, and
Quote from: FierceDeity on December 01, 2014, 11:13:34 AMI left this out for a couple of reasons:
-The trill here doesn't last for nearly as long here as it does in measure 16, nor is it at the front of the sound.
-The trumpet stays on that note (at the front of the sound) without trilling (whereas in measure 16, the trumpet is on a different note, so the trill doesn't interfere).
-The trilling is in multiple voices at arguably different rates or starting points, so the actual motion isn't nearly as clear as is the melodic pitch of B.
I take it you disagree with this?
If it came down to having both or neither, I guess I'd do both, but idk, it just really doesn't seem necessary. It's not used in nearly the same way, so it's not as if I'm omitting the development of a motif.

But again,
Quote from: FierceDeity on December 01, 2014, 11:13:34 AMIf you still think it's necessary, I guess I don't have much of a choice

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on December 04, 2014, 11:06:49 PMI'm not convinced about the chords in the first 2 bars.

Ohhhh jeez, I had to put on my good headphones to even remotely hear that G on beats 1 and 3, haha. That's super subtle. I'm assuming that's what you're talking about? I'm kinda indifferent as to whether to put that in now, because on the one hand yeah I guess it's technically more accurate, but on the other hand it was literally inaudible in the original on my speakers and headphones (even after going back and checking again now that I've heard it), plus it really blends with the other voice that just sticks on F#, and it's kinda weird to voice a seventh chord for half of two measures, then go back to permanent 3 voices.

InsigTurtle

I hear that voice playing from measures 1-8 on every beat. It seems to me that the chords go F#GBD, GAC#E, GACE, F#BD and GBE. I could be wrong. I'll go listen to it again when I'm less tired.

Also, in measures 26 and 27, it sounds like the first notes should be D and C, respectively.

The Deku Trombonist

I guess my main problem is that it actually doesn't sound like a straight B minor chord like it does a few bars later. At least to me, it sounds significantly different.

I can't even hear the B in the first 2 bars :P

Also, if you listen carefully there is a voice only on beat 1 and 3 throughout that entire opening.

Olimar12345

Sorry for the late reply!

Quote from: FierceDeity on December 04, 2014, 11:27:50 PMI take it you disagree with this?
If it came down to having both or neither, I guess I'd do both, but idk, it just really doesn't seem necessary. It's not used in nearly the same way, so it's not as if I'm omitting the development of a motif.

I did agree with what you were saying, I just think that it is inconsistent with the rest of the arrangement to only trill only right there.

Also another thing: I am hearing a "G" in the RH layer two measure 18 where you have written a "B."

AwesomeYears

Ok, since I have my Youtube working now, here's what I have to say...

Bar 1, I hear a clashing G/F#. Add the G.
Bar 2, Add middle A in the right hand.

I'll add more later.

Brassman388

Is Fierce Deity able the modify this sheet? Cause if not, I'm just going to do the editing myself.