[NES] Action 52 - "Game 52: Action Gamemaster (Cheetahmen Theme)" by Yugikun

Started by Zeta, November 15, 2014, 07:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Action 52
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Game 52: Action Gamemaster (Cheetahmen Theme)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Yugikun

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yugi

(Note, the reason I added the percussion in here is so that the full song could be heard and differentiated (the parts when the percussion disappears are deleberate), and for my own sanity when arranging the song. If you want me to remove it, I will)

Maelstrom

I'd recommend using L as the shortcut to flip the note stems. It'll look a lot cleaner that way.

edit: And it's spelled "Cheetahmen"

Yugi

Maelstrom

Maelstrom

Maybe an 8va or two in that crazy part?

edit: It also might help if you moved the rests down off the ledger lines, fix the overlap of rests and note bars in 8th bar on page 3
And definitely add measure numbers.

Bespinben

Yay NES music! Easy for you and easy for me (usually).

Quick fixes:
~ Put in key of F minor (4 flats).
~ Change all F# to Gb

Not-so-quick-fixes:
~ The "crazy" part at m. 26-29 needs work. There's no physical way to do it presently. However, you have options. One way is to bring the alto voice (melody) an octave lower and have the Left hand play both it and the bass, or two the same but by bringing the the bass up an octave instead of the alto down an octave. See what is most ergonomic for you.
~ I like the percussion, but just not that it's taking up valuable space in the sheet. If your version of Finale lets you do this, I suggest force hiding the percussion staff to be invisible (but still have playback), and then writing a performance note saying something to the effect of "Tap left foot on  hard wood of piano or floor to each beat, excluding measures 5-8."

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Yugi

The only fix I can actually make using Notepad 2012 is changing the octaving of the part, so if you could do the other three for me, that wou l be great.

Bespinben

Happy to oblige!

[NES] Action 52:

"Game 52: Action Gamemaster (Cheetahmen Theme)":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

If you like these how they are, go ahead and edit the submission, and I'll click the yes.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday