News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

A Trip to the Hoenn Region!

Started by SlowPokemon, October 27, 2014, 08:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite of the ancient Pokémon trio from Hoenn?

Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza

SlowPokemon

Hey y'all. So Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are coming out in less than a month now (!!!) and I think we should take a look back at what we love -- and don't love -- about the original Pokémon Ruby, Pokémon Sapphire, and Pokémon Emerald games. Well, at least, I'd love to since I have a huge fondness for the third generation of Pokémon games. I'll start us off with an easy poll and I'll update it every so often. Note that if you don't want to be spoiled on new features of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, read no further!

First Poll
What's your favorite of the ancient Pokémon trio from Hoenn -- Kyogre, Groudon, or Rayquaza?

What's New Here?
The Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire games have gifted these iconic monsters with some fancy new forms: Primal Kyogre, Primal Groudon, and Mega Rayquaza.

Primal Kyogre has a higher Special Attack stat than its normal counterpart. Its ability, Primordial Sea, causes strong rain that lasts for as long as Primal Kyogre is in battle, prevents other weather from occurring, and renders all Fire-type attacks useless.
Primal Kyogre
[close]

Primal Groudon gains an extra type to become Ground/Fire rather than just Ground, in addition to having a higher Attack stat than normal Groudon. Its ability, Desolate Land, brings strong sunlight that lasts for as long as Primal Groudon is in battle, prevents other weather from occurring, and renders all Water-type attacks useless.
Primal Groudon
[close]

Not much is known about Mega Rayquaza yet, but Rayquaza apparently Mega Evolves using a different method than other Pokémon. Its ability, Delta Stream, brings a new type of weather called Strong Winds that prevents other weather from occurring and even overrides Desolate Land and Primordial Sea. In addition, attacks that would normally be super effective on Flying-type Pokémon will be severely weakened.
Mega Rayquaza
[close]
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

So if delta stream specifically removes heavy rain/sun then cloud 9 probably won't
unmotivated

JDMEK5

Now what happens to the weather when I put my Primal Kyogre up against my friend's Primal Groudon?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Roz~

If I'm not mistaken Heavy Rain/Sun cancel each other out, so the slowest Pokemon will win the weather war.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.