InsigTurtle's Arrangements (Is it 2015 already?)

Started by InsigTurtle, October 23, 2014, 01:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

SuperPMD unofficial arrangement project, eh eh?

I had a feeling you would hop on this track soon enough, considering your immediate affinity for just a 10 second clip of it.

We actually DO know the composers -- they are listed on the website of the studio that produced the OST, Noisycroak:

(http://www.noisycroak.co.jp/works/)

...which translates to:

Production content
BGM: Keisuke Ito / Kawagoe Yasuhiro / Murakami Noriko
Sound effect : Ebisu Ichiro / Satoshi Sato / Nakamura Jitsutaka

So, we got our veteran composer duo from Explorers and Gates, and a new guy for good measure.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Latios212

YOU'RE FINALLY AT TWO PAGES OF POSTS AND THIS ARRANGEMENT IS AWESOME

PERFECT APPLE FOR YOU
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

InsigTurtle

Quote from: Bespinben on September 19, 2015, 03:29:13 PMWe actually DO know the composers -- they are listed on the website of the studio that produced the OST, Noisycroak:

Thanks! I was really too tired to sea`rch them up :P I'm still going to leave the file in Japanese, until the English version comes out.
The next target on my list is the one that plays in the dungeon called 'いにしえの骨跡', that really dramatic one in E flat minor.

Quote from: Latios212 on September 19, 2015, 03:34:13 PMYOU'RE FINALLY AT TWO PAGES OF POSTS AND THIS ARRANGEMENT IS AWESOME

PERFECT APPLE FOR YOU
Yay! Friendly friends ♪
I'm hoping for maybe a smudge more activity now :P

InsigTurtle

sad

Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon
Within the Sadness
(MID) (MUS) (MUSX) (PDF)

There's a couple of other things on my "to arrange" list. I might post 'em once they're done.

Latios212

"Is it 2015 already?" xD

Wow nice job though. I'd suggest cleaning it up a bit aesthetically, as there are some clashing pedal markings, rests, and stuff. Mostly I think the systems are too close to each other; you're got lots of space on page 3 so feel free to space things out a little more.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Onionleaf

Quote from: InsigTurtle on September 19, 2015, 04:33:23 PMYay! Friendly friends ♪
Your cute comment made me want to go and check out your PMD arrangements. ^^ I thought they were great, nice choice of songs, so peaceful. And yes, I am curious as to why this thread is only on its second page.

"Barren Valley" sounds lovely as a piano arrangement; sometimes an arrangement just doesn't come out how you wanted it to but other times it sounds nicer than the original (like this one!). Okay, in no way am I licensed to give correct arranging advice, but I'll just quickly jot down the little things that I noticed along the way. Some of the phrasing marks look a bit funky, such as measures 26-27. I think you can just move that rogue F in m. 28 down to the left hand and that should even the notes out a bit. And I'd probably have a go at fitting it all onto 3 pages, maybe if the whole sheet is re-sized to 90% then it should be easy-peasy. In m. 24, I think you can just have a whole bar rest sit in the left hand.

In "Desperation", there are some huge intervals in the left hand starting from around measure 12. I guess someone could try playing the middle notes with their nose :P but an easier way would be to raise the lowest notes up an octave, or add an arpeggiation, or mark the middle notes with a bracket to show that the right hand should play them. And yeah, the con pedale can be a pain, it plays as if the performer read "with pedal" quite literally and never takes his foot off of it, lol.

Similar kind of thing in "It's Can't Be", some large intervals and cross-over of hands that could get a bit confusing. Perhaps have a go at placing the right hand chords starting from m.9 in the left hand instead, maybe that could be more manageable for the performer?

I feel like I've talked way too much, but as a final point just wanted to say thanks for sharing your sheets, I would love to see more new things from you. :)

InsigTurtle

Hey, thanks for the feedback!

Arranging-wise, I do get rather unfriendly at times, since I like to leave the interpretation to the performer. But I'm trying to make it nicer now.
About the hand-crossing, I think I did that because I was playing one of Beethoven's sonatas at the time, and that one in particular required lots of hand crossing, so I decided to incorporate it in. Looking back, I don't think it was a good choice, since it complicates a relatively simple piece ^_^;

InsigTurtle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UJp64kq3BQ

Not a new arrangement, but a video. It took me a while to export the video properly, but, hey, it worked out fine in the end.

I've been working on other things recently, so I'll get back to my other stuff soon.

Tobbeh99

Nice first video!

I'm trying atm to find a nice video making program to make more and cooler videos of my arrangements. I tried NCH, but it was only a demo (I thought it was free). But I think Lightworks look good so I'm going to try it.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

InsigTurtle

reviver seed mountain

Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon
Revelation Mountain

(MID) (MUS) (MUSX) (PDF)

InsigTurtle

It's been a while. This one here isn't very elegant. It's also ridiculously difficult for me to play.
I don't really practice augmented major seventh arpeggios or whole tone scales at thirty-second notes, so...
It'd be better off as a two-piano arrangement, but think of this one as an etude for your right hand.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
Fortune Ravine Depths
(MID) (MUS) (PDF)

InsigTurtle

"Huh, it's been a while, didn't I already finish an arrangement a month ago? Maybe I should post that."

"... Maybe I should change a couple of things first."

So yeah, not posting anything today, but stuff is in the works. Should be finished before 2022, given sufficient government funding. Then I'll actually post it in 2021, right before an election, and say how we did such a good job finishing the project ahead of schedule and that you should definitely vote for me so I can take another 5 years planning out an arrangement that should have came out 10 years ago. Isn't the world great.

... I don't know how my little update turned into political satire, but sure, I'll roll with it. Hello. How's y'all been doing. I feel bad for not actually posting an arrangement, but hey.

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Oronoco

Oh, this one will be a lot of fun to play once you finish! It's just got so much devilish sass.

I still really want to hear a bassoonist perform this, too.
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

InsigTurtle

... I really did think I had already posted it... Wow, my memory's shot.
Anyway.

I didn't want to get rid of that active countermelody in the second half, so I transcribed it and made it optional. Without it, it's missing that drive.

(MID) (MUS) (MUSX) (PDF)