News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

[NDS] Professor Layton and the Curious Village - "About Town" by Bloop & Bubbles

Started by Zeta, October 17, 2014, 06:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Professor Layton
Game: Professor Layton and the Curious Village
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: About Town
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arrangers: Bloop & Bubbles

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bubbles

Looking over this, I've got a quick question about the formatting for the second verse of the song (measures 16-24)

Earlier in the song, the bass cleft had the higher chords and the main bass notes. At this part though, the right hand had the chords as well as the main melody.

The section I cut out is this:

Would it be better to put the chords in the left hand when possible? It looks cleaner and easier to read, but I'm not too sure if its the correct format or not:

SlowPokemon

Hey guys, I know you didn't really ask for help or anything, but I took your MUS file and sort of remade it, cleaned it up so that it didn't look so visually "messy" or "busy" and made a few tweaks where I thought necessary. You don't have to accept this, but I think a lot of the issues your sheet may have had are gone. The trouble is that your sheet, although accurate, isn't playable, so it's important to think about splicing down enough so that you have a functional piano arrangement.

Anyway, see what you think.

[NDS]Professor Layton and the Curious Village
About Town (arr. Bloop & Bubbles) - [ZIP]

EDIT: Oh, and in response to Bubbles' above post, having the syncopated chords in the right hand works better for this section for several reasons. The most important two are:
1. It's easier to play those with the right hand in the current position.
2. The left hand has the secondary melody at this point, and it can't "connect" the notes in the edit you posted--the melody will be interrupted when it leaps up to strike the syncopated chords.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bloop

Looks much better, actually! I don't know how the second part became so messy but oh well. I don't think Bubbles would mind either (right?)

SlowPokemon

I think it's actually Notepad that squeezed the notes together and made them like that haha. The full Finale doesn't have that issue :P notepad is annoying to work with

Bloop

SlowPokemon

Bloop

It did move some things, but you'll get used to that quickly. It just has some useful additions to help you with some things, but nothing new that Finale 2012 can't do. A thing I noticed is that 8va markings don't say 8vb below staves anymore, but that's nothing to worry about.

Sebastian

Bubbles

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 20, 2014, 10:53:12 PMHey guys, I know you didn't really ask for help or anything, but I took your MUS file and sort of remade it, cleaned it up so that it didn't look so visually "messy" or "busy" and made a few tweaks where I thought necessary. You don't have to accept this, but I think a lot of the issues your sheet may have had are gone. The trouble is that your sheet, although accurate, isn't playable, so it's important to think about splicing down enough so that you have a functional piano arrangement.
I can't check the edited sheet until I'm home and on a real computer, but there's definitely no problem with you helping! That's actually the point of these threads haha

And I was going back and fixing the squeezed notes (you're right, it's probably a finale thing) but I guess I forgot to resubmit it

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Bloop on October 21, 2014, 10:25:11 AMA thing I noticed is that 8va markings don't say 8vb below staves anymore, but that's nothing to worry about.
I hate that, it looks stupid.

Olimar12345

Quote from: Bloop on October 21, 2014, 10:25:11 AMA thing I noticed is that 8va markings don't say 8vb below staves anymore, but that's nothing to worry about.

In finale 2012 you could edit which symbol it used for that. Can you no longer do this in 2014?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bloop

Not sure, I'll have to find that out later. I do know it's possible for articulations, but I'm not sure about lines.

SlowPokemon

By the way Bloop/Bubbles, if you want to use my files, it's totally fine to edit this submission and use the new files instead.

Bubbles

Finally found time to look at your revisions, and thank youuu its so much better :D