News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[PC] Full Tilt! Pinball - "Space Cadet Board" by Bubbles

Started by Zeta, October 17, 2014, 06:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Full Tilt! Pinball
Console: PC
Title: Space Cadet Board
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Bubbles

[attachment deleted by admin]

The Deku Trombonist

Some formatting things: You don't need the "Pno." at the start of each line. And the copyright font size is too large.

Lots of rhythm grouping things need fixing up in the left hand, although they're mostly occurences of the same thing.
-Bar 2, the second quarter note rest should be split up to 2 eighth note rests. In 4/4 the important beats are 1 and 3 and consequently it is general convention to place a note on those beats, even if it involves splitting up rests into smaller subdivisions, or splitting up a long note with ties. It just makes it easier to read.
-And in bar 11, the first for eighth notes should be beamed together with the last one by itself (in other words,  4+1 instead of 3+2).

I haven't listened overly closely to the original yet, but the LH in bar 16 and 18 needs some fixing up

Bubbles

Oh man...I forgot how annoying this song was. I was hoping to get it on the site so I'd never have to worry about it again, but I didn't think about how terrible this must be to listen to note by note (sorry!!)

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on November 02, 2014, 11:53:08 PMSome formatting things: You don't need the "Pno." at the start of each line. And the copyright font size is too large.
Any clue how to get rid of that? I'm not sure if its a default for my Finale or if I used something else as a template but I can't figure out how to delete it

I went through and fixed the rhythm groupings and what you mentioned in measures 16 and 18. I also found a bunch of other little things (a rest where an eighth note should be, basically) throughout the LH and fixed those up too.

Also this song is pretty hard to find, so here's the youtube link (all I could find after a quick search were videos of people playing the game)

The Deku Trombonist

All fixed up. You got an eighth note out somewhere down the first page so that was fun trying to move everything back one. Other than than that it was pretty good, only one or two notes were off.

Also, I respelled the C naturals on page 2 as B sharps (lol simpsons) because they were G# major arpeggios.

You need something other than Notepad to get rid of the "Pno." It never used to be there in the default Piano instrument pre-Finale 2012 but obviously they thought they'd fix something which wasn't broken.

I edited the files into your submission (saves me uploading and copying links). If you're happy with it, we're good to go.

Bubbles

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on November 06, 2014, 06:10:43 PMAll fixed up. You got an eighth note out somewhere down the first page so that was fun trying to move everything back one. Other than than that it was pretty good, only one or two notes were off.
Hahh...sorry. I could've done that if it was really time consuming

It looks good to me, thanks!