News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[DELETED] [GCN] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - "Shadow Queen Final Battle" by mariolegofan

Started by Zeta, October 16, 2014, 02:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: Shadow Queen Final Battle
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: mariolegofan

Sebastian

Sebastian

Sebastian

FireArrow

It's kinda hard to give feedback becasue this song just doesn't really work on piano.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Sebastian

Quote from: FireArrow on November 22, 2014, 10:46:02 AMIt's kinda hard to give feedback becasue this song just doesn't really work on piano.
Talking to updaters
Yeah, but I already looked over it with oilmar on tinychat. Just seeing if any other updaters have something to about it so I can get it accepted :)

Olimar12345

Quote from: mariolegofan on November 22, 2014, 01:12:11 PMTalking to updaters

What an incredibly rude thing to say, and to the only one who bothered to look at your arrangement. It was righteous that no one else posted after that (until now).

Anyway, the piece has the major flaw of (as FireArrow stated) not really working for piano. To be honest, I don't even hear the resemblance except for the first four bars or so. If you want this to be accepted you'll have to do something more to simulate the original piece.

Aside from that there are other formatting errors, like measure 37 being squished, the music colliding with the copyright info, and the page numbers being a tad to close to the music.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Quote from: Olimar12345 on November 25, 2014, 10:38:42 AMWhat an incredibly rude thing to say, and to the only one who bothered to look at your arrangement. It was righteous that no one else posted after that (until now).

Anyway, the piece has the major flaw of (as FireArrow stated) not really working for piano. To be honest, I don't even hear the resemblance except for the first four bars or so. If you want this to be accepted you'll have to do something more to simulate the original piece.

Aside from that there are other formatting errors, like measure 37 being squished, the music colliding with the copyright info, and the page numbers being a tad to close to the music.
Ok.........mind if I ditch it and submit a new one?

Bespinben

Haaaaaapy 2000th post!!!!!!!

I believe this song, given a good treatment, could work for piano. But, I don't believe it will get to that level through this medium of peer revisions. So, maybe, ditching this submission, as you put it, and reworking it again from scratch, might just be the best route.

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Sebastian

Quote from: Bespinben on November 25, 2014, 01:54:57 PMHaaaaaapy 2000th post!!!!!!!

I believe this song, given a good treatment, could work for piano. But, I don't believe it will get to that level through this medium of peer revisions. So, maybe, ditching this submission, as you put it, and reworking it again from scratch, might just be the best route.
Ok :)
I'll do just that. But I can't submit any right now because of what happend to my cord...