Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Treasure Binder
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Darkwario1

[attachment deleted by admin]

DonValentino

WarioMan98 to the rescue!

Submission issues:
- This is the Treasure Binder theme, so the correct name is "Treasure Binder".
- Series is Wario, but the site has Wario games under the Super Mario section, so series in the submission form should be "Super Mario".

Technical issues:
- It should have a "Swing" marking, and all the dotted eights and 16th changed to eighths.
- Measure 8: The B is from another voice, so it's better to remove it from the main melody (rests instead).
- Measure 14: the last three notes should be a quarter triplet.

Formatting issues: (If there's something Notepad can't do, please say so we can help)
- Last measure doesn't look good in its own staff.
- The tempo marking should have an actual quarter instead of a Q.
- A pickup measure would be better at the beginning.
- A comma between Suzak and Nintendo in the copyright is better.
- Title should be in bold too.

That's it for now :J

Darkwario1

Hey man!

Here's the thing. I'm new at the finale arranging thing, and I actually arranged this song about
7 months ago. I have final notepad, so I can't do all that fancy stuff, and I already used the free
trial to fix up the things Olimar had told me those 7 months ago to fix.

So, I'm not sure what to do from here. Is it legal if one of you "higher ups" fix the sheet?

Thanks.

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

DonValentino

Quote from: Darkwario1 on October 20, 2014, 08:05:04 PMHey man!

Here's the thing. I'm new at the finale arranging thing, and I actually arranged this song about
7 months ago. I have final notepad, so I can't do all that fancy stuff, and I already used the free
trial to fix up the things Olimar had told me those 7 months ago to fix.

So, I'm not sure what to do from here. Is it legal if one of you "higher ups" fix the sheet?

Thanks.

Yes, don't worry about that, JDMEK5 has already fixed those things. If you need any help just ask for it :J

Here's a second batch of feedback:

- Listen to the main melody more carefully, some notes are longer than they actually are.
- There's a lot more that could be done with it overall. Articulations, specially staccatos, are needed. Dynamics not really, the mf is just fine for the entire song.
- A double barline in measure 9 clearly differentiates the first phrase from the second one. Not mandatory, but recommended.
- In measure 10 and such, there are no rests. Also, don't be afraid in adding the lower voice in all the notes.
- Measure 11: The C is an E.
- Measure 13: Missing D in the LH.
- Added the "G-A-B" triplet in two places where it was missing.

The left hand is kinda boring, but it's really what it is lol

Honestly, I don't think there's anything left to do with this one now. There's a messy second voice in the background, but I think it's not really necessary.

Here's the sheet :)

Edit: Oh right, I always work with the "Bright Piano" soundfont and forgot to change it back. If you like better how it sounds with the "Grand Piano", it can be changed again :J

Darkwario1

Guys, thank you so much! You both did fantastic work fixing up my arrangement. It sounds wonderful! (even if it is a shorter piece for a menu theme :P.)

So, what happens now?

DonValentino

Quote from: Darkwario1 on October 21, 2014, 10:29:22 AMGuys, thank you so much! You both did fantastic work fixing up my arrangement. It sounds wonderful! (even if it is a shorter piece for a menu theme :P.)

So, what happens now?

Nah you're welcome :J

Well now you should update the pdf and the midi too like you did with the mus file, and then either Deku or Olimar will take a look at the arrangement and say if it's accepted or not.

Darkwario1

Olimar12345

I cannot find a recording of this piece. Is there another title it goes by?

EDIT: Ah, it is the file select screen music. Where can I go for a correct tracklist on this game?

Some things:

-Remove the double barline at 9.

-More could be done with the left hand, like adding in some of the up-beat harmonies.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

DonValentino

Quote from: Olimar12345 on October 28, 2014, 02:48:27 PMI cannot find a recording of this piece. Is there another title it goes by?

EDIT: Ah, it is the file select screen music. Where can I go for a correct tracklist on this game?

Here:

*"Sliver" is "Silver", "Filithy" is "Filthy"

Olimar12345

Er, I was thinking of something a little more credible than a screenshot of a gamerip d:
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

DonValentino

Quote from: Olimar12345 on October 29, 2014, 08:05:33 AMEr, I was thinking of something a little more credible than a screenshot of a gamerip d:

404 not found

Trust me, I have the game and these are the best and most accurate names anywhere.

Bespinben

Erm... it seems like something went wonky with the PDF conversion (ex: the tempo marking). Is that fixable on your end, or do you need one of us to do it?
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Bespinben

Well, this has sat around long enough.
(Pre-Oct 22 my goodness)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot