News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

[NDS] Radiant Historia - "An Earnest Desire of Grey" by Maelstrom

Started by Zeta, October 15, 2014, 06:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

The Deku Trombonist

Things that aren't widely accepted 'rules' or conventions and are generally left up to an individual's decision or interpretation should be treated as such. That doesn't mean we shouldn't guide or inform arrangers, of course we need to do that. But there's nothing wrong with personal preferences.

Besides, most of those things are superfluous. What most users care about are right notes and we seem to have enough trouble getting on top of that.

Maelstrom

Olimar12345

Quote from: maelstrom. on December 18, 2014, 06:01:40 PMRegardless, it is updated. With everything and then some.  :P

Back to this:

-The dotted half to half figure in measures 9 & 10 should be D to C, rather than G to F.

-The pick up in measure 14 (last three eighth notes) should be Eb - F - G This happens again at measure 30

-The pick up in measure 18 (last three eighth notes) should be C - Eb - D

-You're missing the harmony at 27 - 34, and at measure 57

-A courtesy accidental on that Db in measure 35 would be coll (not required, but it'd be courteous of you  ::) )

-Your slurs still need to be extended in measures 23 & 24

-The odd double bar line to the left of measure 74 still exists for reasons unknown

-The slur in measure 73 collides with the music

-The slur in measure 75-76 collides with the title

-Try to avoid one-measure systems like the one you have in 74. You can manually move measures around by highlighting them with the selection tool then pressing the up and down arrow keys.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

More:

-Raise the ottava alta in the last system on the second page. It is running into the music.

-The held notes in the second layer of measures 68 & 69 should be raised from Bb to F in 68 then G in 69

-The eighth rest in measure 71 should be raised
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at this.
But I don't think there is a D flat in measure 35....

And everything is fixed.

Olimar12345

Maelstrom

Olimar12345

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 19, 2014, 09:36:51 AM-A courtesy accidental on that Db in measure 35 would be coll (not required, but it'd be courteous of you  ::) )

Quote from: maelstrom. on December 19, 2014, 01:09:18 PMI don't think there is a D flat in measure 35....

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 19, 2014, 01:10:59 PMSorry, D natural.

Sorry! I had this all wrong-Courtesy Db is correct, but in measure 45* (you can return the D to normal in 35 d: ).

Also:

-Change the rhythm in measure 9 (LH) to match the rhythm in measure 11. Then copy measure 9 over to measure 10.

-Move the long tones in the RH part measures 9 & 10 to the second layer, then add the rhythm of the LH into layer one (RH). make the pitches (above the D) Bb - Bb - A - A | Bb - Bb - C - C  I think this will sound more authentic, and actually be easier to play then the previous LH part d:

-Lower the LH part at 35-42 an octave, but keep it in treble clef. Also, add a courtesy clef in the measure before the system break.

-We could use some dynamics in the ending, around starting 63 to the end.

-That last page seems silly to have for only two measures. When I shrink the page scaling to 85% (it's currently at 90%) it seems to have no problem fitting on four pages. It looks really nice this way when you put four bars per system, making the last two systems three measures each. ^^

I know it can seem discouraging to keep coming back with lists like these, but we're really putting it under the microscope now! It is a fine arrangement, and it's only getting better!

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 20, 2014, 10:01:14 PM-That last page seems silly to have for only two measures. When I shrink the page scaling to 85% (it's currently at 90%) it seems to have no problem fitting on four pages. It looks really nice this way when you put four bars per system, making the last two systems three measures each. ^^
Sorry to butt in, I've always been curious as to why you use page scaling as opposed to staff or system scaling ?

Olimar12345

It keeps everything nice and uniform. I always thought it looked unsettling to have a huge title and tiny music. That's the way I was taught, at least.

Maelstrom

Fixed, but haven't uploaded yet.

edit: Uploaded.

Olimar12345

I fixed some small detail stuff as well as added a couple things, such as crescendos and music spacing (I updated the links on the op). I did edit one part though: I changed the first note of every measure in the LH in measures 35-42. It was a trade off: The harp part isn't perfectly accurate now, but in exchange we have the harmony that the bass added, which I think was a great deal on our end. I have really enjoyed working on this piece with you, and if you're ready, I'm ready to accept it. :J

Maelstrom

Looks good. I added a crescendo and a forte in 26 and 27, but left the rest unchanged. Is it finally finished?

Olimar12345