[NDS] Radiant Historia - "An Earnest Desire of Grey" by Maelstrom

Started by Zeta, October 15, 2014, 06:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Well, now that I think about it, to be honest, how many "new sections" don't have a time/key/tempo change?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

The Deku Trombonist

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

Regardless, it is updated. With everything and then some.  :P

The Deku Trombonist

In that case, so what if someone wants to use double bar lines. Let them.

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on October 01, 2014, 04:02:04 PMRight... This place needs fewer rules and more fun

Olimar12345

I guess to sum up all of that, just try to gauge if something is significant enough to need a double bar line.

Ninjad

Olimar12345

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on December 18, 2014, 06:10:11 PMIn that case, so what if someone wants to use double bar lines. Let them.

To clarify, I said that initial comment because he used them more than you would normally see them. A double bar-line is used in music to draw attention to the reader. They are significant because they SHOW significant spots of music. If you used them every two bars, they become ordinary and lose their significance. In this instance, they were losing their significance. This is why, for example, we mark significant time changes with double bars and don't mark common time signatures with them. Ever see a score to the rite of spring? d:

All of this is classically speaking, of course.

The Deku Trombonist

Psht, it's just in 4/4, right? :P

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 18, 2014, 06:21:54 PMIn this instance, they were losing their significance.
Then that needed to be explained to the arranger. It's not a case of "there are too many, so never use them aside from key changes blah blah etc" which is where this started from.

Olimar12345

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on December 18, 2014, 08:17:14 PMThen that needed to be explained to the arranger.

I thought I made it clear. Guess I'll type more next time.

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on December 18, 2014, 08:17:14 PMIt's not a case of "there are too many, so never use them aside from key changes blah blah etc" which is where this started from.

He used too many to start with, so I thought I'd make it simple to understand by saying time, tempo, and key changes were considered appropriate places. If I had gotten into a discussion about what is and is not significant enough, well...

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on December 18, 2014, 05:50:22 PMWhat is a section? How long is a piece of string?

The Deku Trombonist

We can let the arrangers decide that, we don't run a NinBootCamp here lol

MaestroUGC

Yes you do, and I'm here to free everyone from your oppression!
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Maelstrom

MaestroUGC

You are a tolerable person.

Oh, you mean feedback on your arrangement...
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

The Deku Trombonist

Olimar12345

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on December 18, 2014, 08:48:05 PMWe can let the arrangers decide that, we don't run a NinBootCamp here lol

Yes, but 'round these parts we get a lot of people at the beginner-intermediate level. Early musicians often don't have an opinion of this caliber built yet, and need to hear this sort of thing. Setting these sort-of "rules" helps build a strong foundation for the future.