Series: Other
Game: Radiant Historia
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: An Earnest Desire of Grey
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Maelstrom

[attachment deleted by admin]

The Deku Trombonist

Just some aesthetic things, I can't listen to it at the moment.

• Needs a tempo marking
  • Don't use the ottave clef in bar 11. Just use a normal treble clef and add 8va lines as necessary. Those clefs aren't used in piano music.
  • What's with the double barline right at the start of the 4th line on page 1 and page 2?
  • Rhythm grouping in bar 21, RH. It needs to fit with the 3+2 thing
  • Bar 24, suddenly two dotted crotchets appear! But seriously, stick with what you did every else with the ties
  • Rhythm grouping in 35 onwards in the RH. It's probably best to be consistent and stick with the 3+2 subdivision (unless there's something in the original that would indicate it should be otherwise)
  • Uhh...no-one holds the pedal down for 8 bars straight
  • Overlapping parts in bar 43. Also, rhythm grouping
  • Plenty of rhythm grouping perils here
  • Instead of using 8vb in treble clef in bar 50, change the clef to bass clef for that one bar. But putting that aside, those overlapping parts aren't very friendly
  • Bar 58, that ottava clef again
  • Same thing in bar 64 as in bar 50
  • More rhythm grouping fun in bar 71 onwards with the long notes

Maelstrom

Fixed, including the overlapping parts. Sorry for the wait.

Maelstrom

Maelstrom

If no one wants to look at this, I can put up another....
I'm almost done revising Serpent Devouring the Horizon......
Current count is 130 measures, 6 pages, 7 key changes, 5:37 without repeating the entire song. Or would you rather do this one?

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

Olimar12345

A couple of things right off the bat:

-Remove the excess double bar lines. They should only be used to mark a key, time, or tempo change. (And to clarify: not for regular time changes in the form. For example, if a piece in 4/4 changes to 3/4 every two bars, you don't need to put a double bar line at every time change. You would only use it for significant time changes.)

-The rule for slurs are that if they end on a tied note, they should extend to the end of the tie.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

Olimar12345

-Get rid of the double bar lines to the left of the measure in 34 & 70.

-The RH in measures 43-57 needs to bu up an octave. BTW, you can only get away with that thing you did with the parenthesis while using the pedal.

-Delete the excess 8va lines in 35-42 and only use one. If you can't extend it in the page view, use the scroll view (Ctrl + E)

-The LH accompaniment you have throughout the piece is not quite matching what the original does. Instead of long full-value notes, try changing them to shorter notes (eighths or quarters) and adding accents.

-Move the piano marking in 35 up to be between the staves.

-In addition to the octave change in 43-57, harmony is missing in the RH throughout that section.

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 15, 2014, 12:36:09 PM-Remove the excess double bar lines. They should only be used to mark a key, time, or tempo change.
They can be freely used to indicate new sections in the music.

Olimar12345

Sometimes you see that, but in this arrangement he was using them more frequently than you'd see in jazz. d: 

Edit: though, you should use a rehearsal mark if you want to mark a new section that stays at the same key, time, and tempo.

The Deku Trombonist

A rehearsal mark in solo piano music? No doubt it's to make rehearsing with the conductor easier :P

But seriously, to force someone put in rehearsal marks just because they want to throw in some delineated sections is too much. If someone wants to use them, that's cool, they can go ahead and do so but if someone doesn't want to, that's ok too.

Olimar12345

Perhaps it is taught differently there, but it doesn't really matter. Just as long as it isn't over crowded like it once was d: