News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Discussion

Started by DonValentino, September 18, 2014, 11:25:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

why is it that all noc ever seems to say in these game topics is "every game you think is fun isn't actually fun and you're being deceived"

it's starting to get old, dude
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

Really though, search and find checkpoints isn't that fun
unmotivated

Maelstrom

I kinda agree. As much as I like the game, I honestly hate the "quests" to get to the divine beast and the puzzles are downright boring. Granted, I've only done the Zora one and the Goron one, but I liked Zora' domain quite a bit more than death mountain. That place and the "champion" was just a pain.

mikey

I like the shrines a lot, I just wish they were a bit easier to find and did more crazy stuff, like more gyros or something
unmotivated

Static

I really like the shrines and enjoy the difficulty in finding them, imo it makes it all the more rewarding.

My only gripe with them is that I think there's too many combat and "blessing" shrines and not enough puzzle shrines. Not that those type of shrines are bad or anything, and there are a lot of puzzles sure, but I think there should be a higher concentration of them.

mikey

I think the balance between combat and puzzle is right, but blessings should be another puzzle shrine instead
unmotivated

mastersuperfan

When you've been playing for 40 hours and you don't know what a blessing shrine is
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Olimar12345

They are basically just shrines where the puzzle is outside of the shrine rather than inside. I'm not sure if this constitutes the need for a spoiler tag though...

In my opinion though, blessings shrines can be harder than regular shrines because you aren't necessarily shown all the pieces to the puzzle.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

I just beat the giant bird for my 3rd divine beast.  I enjoyed the falco cameo

(Also, was bird easier than the others?  Did anyone get that vibe?)
unmotivated

Olimar12345

^very much so. Easiest one of the four I thought.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

cashwarrior1

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

unmotivated

Yug_Guy

I found a really cool BotW T-shirt design that I think some of you guys might be interested in:
Design w/link
https://theyetee.com/

GUYS, THE DESIGN IS LITERALLY CALLED, "HANDSOME SUPPORTIVE SHARK-MAN"! I'M IN LOVE!
[close]
Reason I'm posting is because the shirt's only available for the next 4 hours or so.

...also, i bought two of them...