change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Discussion

Started by DonValentino, September 18, 2014, 11:25:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

E. Gadd Industries

Weeeeell...
Not sure if this is needed, but this is a completely unneeded summary of my recent progress
I recovered two of my memories and am now on the other side of Kakariko (that's how it's spelled, right?) Village in the Lanayru Wetlands. I am terrified of the Guardians, my goodness. Idk why. :/ Anyhoo, i just covered the first shrine you see closest to you just inside the  wetlands, and I'm headed to another one on the other side of the wetlands. Just found out it's covered in thorns, and I broke my fire rod a bit ago. Foo. Fire arrows work on the thorns, right? After this shrine, I've got another marked on my map that's behind some hills & right next to a tower (also marked). I talked to this person(?) in the wetlands who was swimming around in a small pool (name Talu?), and they said Prince Sidon is near the tower and wanting to speak to a Hyrulian. Provided I'm not thrown into some other adventure, I'll continue making my arc through this area on the map, hopefully eventually reaching the village to receive more info on the Divine Beast there. I've been practising the strategy of shrine-hopping in hopes that I can establish a method of fast-travel throughout this area, as I have not yet obtained the map from the tower.
[close]
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

Getting distracted is frustratingly easy

So I was doing the shrine quest on eventide island and I suddenly got a game over out of nowhere while trying to get the third sphere (I managed to kill the hinox without dying but somehow I die anyway...) and it transported me all the way back to the shrine in gerudo that you can't do because someone is blocking the tray thing
Great way to make me turn off the game right there
unmotivated

Olimar12345

You can warp all the way to the island before that island you know

Also, you dying is hardly the games fault. Save often and git gud
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

The fact that it didn't autosave at any point during that
Man, I rely on that feature
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

I'm so OCD about saving, so I don't have to deal with it that much. Also, I forgot to mention I found a fairy in the wetlands :D
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Static

I figured I'd eventually chime in about BotW lol so here I am!

I am absolutely loving the game so far, it's definitely one of my favorite Zeldas, if not my favorite. It does have a few annoyances but they're pretty minor overall. I love just how open and free the whole game is.

Anyway, as far as progress goes, I have taken care of all 4 divine beats and somehow found 93 shrines lol. Maybe I've been playing too much, who knows lol. I have not beaten Ganon yet though, I'm probably gonna save that for later, after I get a lot more stuff. Also, speaking of fairies, I recently found one in
Spoiler
the Gerudo Desert, although it's pretty tricky to find.
[close]

mikey

Having your little brother constantly ahead of you does have its perks.  I found all 4 fairies and he told me where the hylian shield is

Also, my complaints about breaking weapons is no longer an issue.  Weapons that you find respawn during a blood moon so you just Mark it on your map and it's all good

I mean, that right there makes a better tip than "cook food lul" right
unmotivated

DocDoom2

I thought I was making decent progress on the game, then when I beat Ganon I saw that I was apparently only 19.89% done with everything in the game.
RIP my free time...

I'm also really addicted to the Hinox and Talus battle themes xD
But so far my favorite boss (aside from Ganon) is probably
Spoiler
Master Kohga because after sneaking through the Yiga Clan hideout (aka Forsaken Fortress 2.0) I was expecting a serious boss, but nope I get a fat evil sheikah dude
[close]
Please note I use Musescore and transfer it into Finale Notepad, so formatting may be messed up and help would be appreciated.

E. Gadd Industries

I'm in the Mirro Shaz shrine rn (Tempered Power), and I got to the place where Mirro Shaz is, but the part after that, where you can try a more difficult version of the initial challenge, is driving me CRAZY. Is what's in the treasure chest even worth it? (Please no spoilers, but I want to know if I need to keep trying)

EDIT: On second thought, if you happen to know before I look it up, please tell me; if it's opal or some chintzy crap like that, I'll be leaving that shrine RATHER quickly.

EDIT^2:
For those who want to know...
...It's a Giant Ancient Core. What the heck do you even do with those???
[close]
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Static

I don't know if the chest is worth it unfortunately lol. I tried that second room but it frustrated me to no end, and I didnt feel like breaking all my club-like weapons so I just kinda left the shrine without the chest.

Definitely one of the hardest chests to get in the game.

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

You need to pick up the orb and set it down a bit to the left giving you a clear shot.  Then you charge a spin attack and if it's aimed properly it should fly right into the hole.  Took me a few tries for sure.
unmotivated

DocDoom2

Please don't remind me of that torture! I think I spent half an hour in that shrine and wasted about 5 weapons...
Please note I use Musescore and transfer it into Finale Notepad, so formatting may be messed up and help would be appreciated.

E. Gadd Industries

Just completed the Vah Ruta mission.
I love this game. Everything about the mission was just amazing!!! :DD
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

It loses its novelty quickly.  All the divine beasts are more or less the same
unmotivated