The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Discussion

Started by DonValentino, September 18, 2014, 11:25:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonValentino

I don't believe we have one of these yet.

So, do you guys have some ideas or opinions on the next Zelda game?

I would like it to be a sequel to Skyward Sword and narrate all the events of the formation of the kingdom of Hyrule we know today.

I found this awesome artwork of what could be young Ganondorf and started making up lots of stories. Wouldn't it be cool if he appeared as young Ganondorf and acted like a rival of Link at first, but then becoming a serious threat to the land? Like being in a parallel quest in becoming the King of Evil guided by Koume and Kotake until finally confronting Link to see who will fulfill his objective? I've been always curious to know Ganondorf's story since he gave us that glimpse in Wind Waker.

I really hope we see something of this Zelda soon. The E3 trailer was absolutely stunning and I can't wait to see more!

Other thoughts?

KefkaticFanatic

The concept of 'open world Zelda' is pretty ballin.  Twilight Princess was nearing my perfect Zelda game with the big areas to explore, it just wasn't fleshed out enough in that regard.  Having an expansive world to explore with lots of content spread throughout would be fantastic.  (Wind Waker but with less sea I guess :P)  I would still be ok with the linearity of dungeons like we have had in previous 3D Zeldas though, the 'do them in any order' thing is neat but I prefer the clear storytelling arc you get with doing them in a set series. (and I'm sure they will do it anyway)

me irl
[close]

DonValentino

Yeah, it's practically necessary to maintain a fluid story and sequence of events. It's not like The Legend of Zelda for the NES had as many characters, story and stuff as modern Zelda games.

I guess they'll do something like the Dark World dungeons in A Link to the Past, just translated into a 3D Zelda. Still, I don't quite like all the freedom you have in A Link Between Worlds with the DW dungeons, the time between dungeon and dungeon felt empty (the only "event" was going to Ravio's shop to get the weapon you need, which I found really dull) and the difficulty progression between dungeons was very vague, which results in a way too easy game overall (ALBW was a JOKE of a Zelda game).

I... actually prefer the strict dungeon order of, say, Twilight Princess, Link's Awakening or the Oracles. However, I don't like either that most of the sidequests are implemented in the story and that few places are left to explore (excluding going back for Pieces of Heart or treasure chests only reachable by a specific weapon).

In a nutshell, I'd like to be free to go wherever I want but with a lot of hidden zones and places and a set dungeon order. Skyrim could be a good example of the open world I'd like in a Zelda game.

Dudeman

Amen to all that. I've never been good at non-linear titles, Zelda or no. I find it hard to set goals when your only objective is "Go out into the world and be awesome at your leisure!" I think they could still get away with non-linear dungeon progression (let's face it, the fan base at large wants a return to this), but make it clear somehow which dungeons are easier than others. Want a challenge? Go ahead! Do the hard ones first! Need direction? Go in order of difficulty! Make it easy on yourself! Don't care? Do whatever!

What really interests me is Nintendo's definition of "open world." I don't remember how they worded it, but I remember it was along the lines of puzzle solving integrated into world roaming. My question is how do you make getting to an area a puzzle? Like, do different entrances to a location require different techniques to enter? I haven't had any experience with open-world titles, so does someone have any insight on what this might mean?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

I'm just glad hyrule warriors isn't the next zelda game  :D
unmotivated

DrP

New Gameplay Footage!!

THIS. IS. SO. FREAKING. AWESOME!

[close]

Bloop

KefkaticFanatic

Neat, Nintendo's making a big, grown-up massive exploration RPG now :D  Excellent since those are the ones I tend to drop hundreds of hours in (I think I'm at like 50 in Dragon Age Inquisition and I don't think I'm even to 40% completion...)

Horse mechanics look identical to Shadow of the Colossus with the collision avoidance and that's sort of cool, though I do hope they allow for normal controls instead of relying on the gyro for aiming and shit.  The wiimote point and shoot was the most motion control I want to have in a Zelda game ever.

me irl
[close]

DonValentino

All that I can say is

Sebastian

Cant wait for this game!

mikey

It's unimaginable that what once would have been considered the background is now an actually reachable area.  I would not have guessed for a minute that you could travel all the way to those mountains in the distance.  This zelda game is going to be sweeeeet
unmotivated

Sebastian

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 06, 2014, 08:01:57 AMIt's unimaginable that what once would have been considered the background is now an actually reachable area.  I would not have guessed for a minute that you could travel all the way to those mountains in the distance.  This zelda game is going to be sweeeeet
Yes! Iv'e always wanted a Nintendo Game like this :)
I'll be puttin' money ahead for this one :)

Nebbles

This game looks like it's going to be amazing. And its scenery is pretty damn gorgeous to boot.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Sebastian

This is awesome but my greatest wish is this: A World like in this game (giant and go anywhere you pretty much want) but in a Banjo-Kazooie Game (Banjo Koozie 5). That would be AWESOME!

Olimar12345

What about banjo Kazooie 3 & 4?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!