News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Discussion

Started by DonValentino, September 18, 2014, 11:25:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Quote from: Dudeman on June 14, 2016, 07:01:23 PMLol, if you watched the Game Theory video, you'd know that it wasn't saying that the timeline didn't have the games in the right order. It was getting technical and saying that the downfall timeline isn't a timeline at all; it's an alternate universe. The order of the games still stands.
all the timelines are alternate universes I would assume

the 4 places where BotW makes the most sense is after TP/before LOZ/after AOL.  Like, it's clear this is "Hyrule" from OOT, Skyward Sword, ALttP, et c..  The main reason I'm thinking it's on the Dead timeline is because of the easter egg in the early gameplay video where Aonuma mirrored the LOZ art
unmotivated

Nebbles

Oof. Best of luck with that.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

After watching the trailer again, it seems likely this is just a Skyward Sword sequel QQ
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Is it possible that this game takes place a long, long time in the future (there seems to be some forms of advanced technology, along with Koroks from Wind Waker), presumably after Hyrule has somehow become un-flooded (and then ruined again)?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nebbles

That's what I'm thinking...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

where did they have koroks
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bubbles

Maybe this game is set between bad ending OOT and Wind waker, but this one splits it even more? Like this game could have a good ending (defeating Ganon) which would split it into a whole new branch we haven't seen yet, or the bad ending would continue on into wind waker. Maybe the bad ending would start if link never woke up from the shrine, which is why the Wind Waker legend references OOT instead

Regardless I LOVE THIS SO MUCH I've been yelling about it all day I'm sf excited :-)))

mikey

...wow.  I guess they're just using the "add a century and call it good" philosophy.  All the same, having this be in the flooded timeline is really out of place no matter where you put it imo
Quote from: Bubbles on June 14, 2016, 08:11:27 PMMaybe this game is set between bad ending OOT and Wind waker, but this one splits it even more? Like this game could have a good ending (defeating Ganon) which would split it into a whole new branch we haven't seen yet, or the bad ending would continue on into wind waker. Maybe the bad ending would start if link never woke up from the shrine, which is why the Wind Waker legend references OOT instead

Regardless I LOVE THIS SO MUCH I've been telling about it all day I'm sf excited :-)))
we will have to see D:
unmotivated

cashwarrior1

Quote from: DS on June 14, 2016, 07:02:30 PMOn a different note, I'm trying to transcribe the E3 trailer music for BotW for solo piano, perform/record it, and post it on YouTube for tomorrow. All within the span of about two hours 0_o wish me luck
Oh yes! I absolutely love the music I'm hearing so far!

This is my favorite video so far, it makes me appreciate the game a lot more for what it's trying to accomplish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCBgyRC9i6w

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on June 14, 2016, 08:14:20 PM...wow.  I guess they're just using the "add a century and call it good" philosophy.  All the same, having this be in the flooded timeline is really out of place no matter where you put it imo
I was thinking "add a couple thousand years," actually! :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

maybe koroks actually evolved from kikwis and kokiri are totally separate? :P
unmotivated

DS

Can one of you do me huge favor and crop out the LoZ BotW logo? I can't find it by itself anywhere and I thought it would catch more people's attention if I had the new logo in my video thumbnail for the E3 trailer piano cover thing rather than just the generic LoZ logo. If anyone could do that within the next 18 hours, I would be SOOO grateful :D

mikey

consider it done

EDIT: tomorrow morning :x
unmotivated

DS

WTF how am I supposed to learn this in 2 hours https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1RmRwKRXmElWTlhSkltcWg3eVE/view?usp=sharing The last measure in the actual thing is literally an impossible piano arpeggio thing, and that sounds like the simplest part of the piece. Well, time for a lot of takes and some video editing...

EDIT:
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on June 14, 2016, 08:49:59 PMconsider it done

EDIT: tomorrow morning :x
Yeaaaaaaah thnx :D

Oh man, I just found out you can use Wolf Link in BotW if you have the amiibo... that is honestly one of the best amiibo functions I've ever seen next to the retro Arwing in SFZ