The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Discussion

Started by DonValentino, September 18, 2014, 11:25:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

I like the name
also there's no zelda game called "Link's Adventure" lol
so the first thing I want to show:

take a look at the master sword.
That thing has more rust than my mom's bike.
What does this mean?  I think this game falls into the "hero is defeated" timeline.

baseless speculation: what if they made a complete 3D rendition of LOZ+AOL's map?
unmotivated

Sebastian

Forgive me; I'm not very familiar with Zelda, but which timeline are you going by? Is there an official timeline or are you going off of the Game Theorists timeline?

Nebbles

There's an official timeline where Link loses to Ganon in OoT, which splits into another timeline.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

*sigh*
You're not familiar with me either mate
https://epholys.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/zelda-timeline-updated.jpg

A Link Between Worlds and Triforce Heroes are both sequels to A Link to the Past.
unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: DS on June 14, 2016, 03:08:23 PMAt least for me when I saw it, I was like seriously? "Breath of the Wild"? They couldn't come up with anything more original? Sounds like some generic large-environment survival game, it doesn't have the catchy, unique ring like "Majora's Mask", "Ocarina of Time", or even "Link's Adventure" does. Is there like some sort of entity called 'The Wild', or is it just to flaunt that you have a gigantic map?
Aonuma explained this during the showcase. He noted how past games have almost always had a subtitle which highlighted an important character or item. "The Wild" is really the most important aspect of the game, so they named it accordingly.

In terms of timeline placement, I am nigh-convinced that it takes place just before the flooding of Hyrule, which precedes the Wind Waker. This is admittedly mostly due to the presence of Koroks, which have to exist after OoT, but also because of the large amount of technological advancement, which Hyrule would have time to prosper and develop before Ganon broke the seal placed on him, and the presence of the Temple of Time and the rusty Master Sword. Partway through the game, I predict that Ganon will break free from his seal and you will have to drive him or one of his lackeys back as the final boss. This has to end in failure, though, if Hyrule is going to be flooded. Don't know where that fits in.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Maelstrom

Dudeman

Noc was getting DS on a technicality, Mael. The game is technically called The Adventure of Link. I know, it's obnoxious.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

The Deku Trombonist

Maybe he meant Zelda's Adventure, the best game of all  8)

cashwarrior1

Edit:
Quote from: Dudeman on June 14, 2016, 05:40:26 PMIn terms of timeline placement, I am nigh-convinced that it takes place just before the flooding of Hyrule, which precedes the Wind Waker. This is admittedly mostly due to the presence of Koroks, which have to exist after OoT, but also because of the large amount of technological advancement, which Hyrule would have time to prosper and develop before Ganon broke the seal placed on him, and the presence of the Temple of Time and the rusty Master Sword. Partway through the game, I predict that Ganon will break free from his seal and you will have to drive him or one of his lackeys back as the final boss. This has to end in failure, though, if Hyrule is going to be flooded. Don't know where that fits in.

That makes sense, because when Link defeated Ganon in OOT (and stayed as an adult) he probably went to rest in a cave nearby and it concealed him for what appears to be several hundred years (either that or the hyrulians found some magical technology shortly after Link left and within about 100 years everything fell). It would make sense if some hundred or so years after this, Hyrule gets flooded and Wind Waker begins, but I think that something else may take place between this time and Wind Waker unless the land gets flooded at the end of this game.

mikey

the beginning of WW outlines the events of OOT, yes?  There can't be a game in between OOT and WW, simply because the premise of WW is "the hero did not appear".  We can eliminate BotW in certain spots based off of that; I think it's safe to say it can't occur ANYWHERE on the flooded timeline.

EDIT: Or DS could have meant Link's Awakening.  It's all very ambiguous :^) how dare you use a lmgtfy in context of zelda on me
unmotivated

cashwarrior1

Yeah, I thought about that during my typing.

DS

LOL I meant Star Fox Adventures of course.

But yeah, I think I just misremembered "The Adventure of Link".

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on June 14, 2016, 06:36:52 PMthe beginning of WW outlines the events of OOT, yes?  There can't be a game in between OOT and WW, simply because the premise of WW is "the hero did not appear".  We can eliminate BotW in certain spots based off of that; I think it's safe to say it can't occur ANYWHERE on the flooded timeline.

Also, if according to GameTheory the entire LoZ timeline is false, then why are people bothering to try to categorize it anymore? We saw with SFZ that Nintendo likes re-writing their timelines however they please, so maybe they just want to throw in a Zelda game from way left field and see what happens, ya know, the whole deal with "revolutionizing Zelda games" by having new gameplay AND new story.

EDIT: Plz don't rage at me if I say anything dumb, I am an absolute n00b when it comes to LoZ just like this poor fellow: http://fav.me/d8p89wf

mikey

unmotivated

Dudeman

Lol, if you watched the Game Theory video, you'd know that it wasn't saying that the timeline didn't have the games in the right order. It was getting technical and saying that the downfall timeline isn't a timeline at all; it's an alternate universe. The order of the games still stands.

DS

On a different note, I'm trying to transcribe the E3 trailer music for BotW for solo piano, perform/record it, and post it on YouTube for tomorrow. All within the span of about two hours 0_o wish me luck