News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

The BIONICLE 2015 speculation thread

Started by mikey, September 14, 2014, 01:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIsx6-MyV0w

Double post for great justice. I guess you could say... it's just2good.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Maelstrom

Most of those are as ugly as hell. Kopeka looks good though.

Dudeman

Really? I think they look fairly okay. WHAT IS WITH THAT HAU, THOUGH?! DID TAHU GO ON AN EATING BINGE OR SOMETHING?!
Also, Gali's spear is soooooooooooo underwhelming now. Why didn't they keep the prototype version?
What's interesting is the blatant lack of Onua. You'd think they'd have finished the largest set. Maybe the gears are creating problems...
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Dudeman on September 28, 2014, 08:26:58 PMAlso, Gali's spear is soooooooooooo underwhelming now. Why didn't they keep the prototype version?
They did... look at Gali's feet.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 28, 2014, 08:55:03 PMThey did... look at Gali's feet.
Whoa! Totally missed that! Thanks! Good to see the "transport" abilities of the weapons may be returning. I loved that in the Nuva and Metru sets.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BlackDragonSlayer

High resolution pictures of Onua. He can use pieces from his hammer as digging claws. Also, there are more finalized images showing functions (such as Pohatu riding on his boomerangs, Tahu using the huge blades as weapons, etc.)

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Finally finished my entry, took pictures of it, and submitted it.

Spoiler

"Many ages ago, this being was known as Vorpal, Arbiter of Justice. However, a chance encounter with the Mask of Ultimate Power twisted his spirit and turned him into Vorpal, Seeker of Chaos. This creature flies around the island of Okoto, once more seeking the Mask of Ultimate Power. His former apprentice, Roland, now the current Arbiter of Justice, seeks him out in an attempt to return him to his former form."
[close]

The torso, the thing that inspired the whole creation, is made from the combination of a Hordika torso, Makuta Phantoka torso, and Piraka torso. I had trouble with the legs at first- originally, Vorpal was going to be a spider-like creature (to draw a comparison with the Skull Spiders), but after I found out that the legs couldn't hold him up (the compact torso makes it top-heavy), I had to get really creative (the Rahkshi pieces add bulk to the bottom part of the legs, which are twisted at weird angles, though it's hard to tell from the picture). The arm pieces that connect to the outside of the legs were originally separate arms; however, although they worked well with the original spider concept, they didn't with the current form. Instead of removing them completely (they cover up axles that would otherwise stick out), I just added two more pieces and attached them to the legs (meaning that the legs are attached to the torso at a grand total of three places on each side).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Maelstrom

^Nice. I don't think I could build something like that.