News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

The BIONICLE 2015 speculation thread

Started by mikey, September 14, 2014, 01:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Dudeman on September 27, 2015, 09:57:02 AMI'm fairly certain that it is the Mask of Control. It seems that they've changed it a bit from the animation design. TBH, I liked it when it didn't have a trunk-nose-thing.
If it is, it's changed pretty drastically. Aside from the "trunk," they also changed the sides (curved instead of angled), "eyebrows," everything about the "forehead," and other lines and ridges all across the mask.

Also, considering that there's still another wave for 2016, it's possible that this is another, vaguely similar mask, or a mutated/changed version of the Mask of Control.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

Quote from: Dudeman on September 27, 2015, 05:24:18 PMAlso: anyone else been watching the animations? My favorite moment was easily in episode 13. "A breeze? What are you, the Master of Air?"
I just watched that and I've fallen and I can't get up
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

"with crystal wings sonic"
dying

In other news I just bought skull slicer.  Has some good parts on him, love the blades, but his legs feel a little thin to me.  I get that's what they were going for, but I'd rather have some armor or thickness on the thighs
unmotivated

Dudeman

but he's supposed to be

spooky

Also, I have all the hype for 2016. Gali's standing out as my favorite right now, while Pohatu (my favorite from this year) doesn't have much going for him. Let's hope the flail is way cooler than it looks right now.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BlackDragonSlayer

Quality images get hyped!

- Changes made to Onua are a good improvement.
- Did they make Tahu's mask shorter, or is it just the angle making it look that way (or, perhaps, they made more of the mask grey instead of red)?
- It seems like they changed the color of transparent green Lewa uses (along with changing the eyes to blue). Nooooo (it's not terrible now, just not quite as good as before)...
- The orange parts on Gali are very... interesting. The mask looks a lot better now that it's not primarily blue.
- Pohatu looks weirdly thin and elongated, although it's probably caused by his weird pose. Though, it does appear that they may have made his neck longer, for some reason. Also, it seems like they made the brown used for his armor lighter, which I can't say I'm a fan of (also, he's missing his "metal arm")...
- Kopaka looks sturdy. Overall, very nice.
- Still don't like the Mask of Control, but Umarak is awesome.
- Creatures are slightly more interesting than Protectors. I hope they as good in practice, so to say.
- Lots of cool-looking arm and leg builds here. New parts look promising.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on November 25, 2015, 06:33:44 AM- Still don't like the Mask of Control, but Umarak is awesome.
Other leaked images show that Umarak can also link up with at least Terak, Uxar, and Ikir. Needless to say I think we have the best villain in G2 so far.

eat your heart out LoSS
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

BlackDragonSlayer

There's a BZPower 2016 livestream going on right now. So far, I've learned that 2016 Lewa + Uxar is the Lewa we deserve.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

http://imgur.com/a/NI3AW

Summer 2016 preliminaries that seem to be legit based on set descriptions from the London Toy Fair.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

Aha, I was wondering what happened to the all-but-confirmed Quake Beast when he was noticeably absent from the Winter lineup. Also, Umarak the Destroyer and a god-like trans-blue Ekimu. Sick. Get hype.

Oh also LEGO shared the first few seconds of footage for the Bionicle Netflix series on Facebook, coming...whenever. I get the feeling that reactions are going to be mixed, since this artstyle is quite unlike anything we've seen before.

EDIT: Hold on...Quake Beast's morning star weapon looks very familiar. Judging by the designs and weapons of the other two Beasts, anyone getting the feeling that we're seeing the Protectors?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Dudeman on January 25, 2016, 03:38:39 PMEDIT: Hold on...Quake Beast's morning star weapon looks very familiar. Judging by the designs and weapons of the other two Beasts, anyone getting the feeling that we're seeing the Protectors?
I didn't think about that before; mutated Protectors would be pretty awesome... :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber