News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

I'm looking for a certain type of sheet music, but I'm not sure how

Started by Taser9090, August 09, 2014, 07:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taser9090

I imported an awesome game called Daigasso! Band Bros. P, and it's a Nintendo game that's sort of like Guitar Hero/Rock Band. The main difference is that the song list is all instrumental and all user-made.

I'm not into J-Pop, so I want to transcribe American pop songs into the game. Though, I'm not sure where to look. I'd need sheet music that contains all parts of the original song.
So far, I transcribed American Author's Best Day of My Life because I used Finale NotePad to convert a MIDI into sheet music. There are no other friendly MIDI files that Finale can open.

Anyway, I guess what I'm asking is, where can I get sheet music for popular songs that have all the instrument parts? Is there a term for that (searching "band sheet music" just leads me to high school bands)?
Is there a program that can recognize MIDI files and outputs a better sheet than Finale or MuseScore?

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

JDMEK5

I use my first notation program, "Notation Composer" for MIDIs. It not only usually does ok, but if it does turn into a big mess, there's a neat tool that shows exactly where each note attacks. If it's not exactly the same as written. But I'm really happy with it. And I believe there's a free 'reader' version too. Idk how well that would work though.

As a semisolid free option there's also synthesia, but that can get real messy if you have too many instruments going at once.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26