News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Mario Kart 8

Started by SlowPokemon, June 13, 2014, 08:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is your favorite DLC character in Mario Kart 8?

Tanooki Mario
Cat Peach
Link
Villager
Isabelle
Dry Bowser

Sebastian

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 27, 2015, 02:43:49 PMAUGH FUCK THIS GAME.

I've been trying to 3-star every course on every difficulty. I always get to the last lap of the last course and then get screwed over right at the end. I still haven't even started the Mirror cup courses.
Think that's hard? 200cc is hard! :p
I have 3 star on 50, 100, and 150 cc and only a few on mirror mode.

fingerz

I'm glad they've made 200cc. Getting 3-star rank on every cup was pretty much a breeze. The only way to really lose is to have incredibly bad luck with items. XD

So yeah, I just finished the new cups on Mirror and now doing Time Trials for 'em. I use Time Trials for lots of things, actually; to get a decent time, to gawk at the amazing graphics and go on a tour around the whole course and to drive as much of it as possible backwards. :P

...So yeah, I'm almost up to trying 200cc. As if I didn't already have trouble making DK turn around corners... I REALLY don't want to have to change characters, but Toad is looking pretty good if things go awfully. XD
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Sebastian

Quote from: fingerz on April 27, 2015, 03:21:22 PMI'm glad they've made 200cc. Getting 3-star rank on every cup was pretty much a breeze. The only way to really lose is to have incredibly bad luck with items. XD

So yeah, I just finished the new cups on Mirror and now doing Time Trials for 'em. I use Time Trials for lots of things, actually; to get a decent time, to gawk at the amazing graphics and go on a tour around the whole course and to drive as much of it as possible backwards. :P

...So yeah, I'm almost up to trying 200cc. As if I didn't already have trouble making DK turn around corners... I REALLY don't want to have to change characters, but Toad is looking pretty good if things go awfully. XD
I use Bowser XD

K-NiGhT

Dry Bowser for life.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

fingerz

Hahaha! I can't wait to actually start 200cc and see how hectic it is! But first, my Time Trials must be done. Then. XD
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

mikey

K-NiGhT do you usually speed ahead as fast as possible or do you try to stay in second or so
unmotivated

K-NiGhT

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 27, 2015, 04:56:20 PMK-NiGhT do you usually speed ahead as fast as possible or do you try to stay in second or so
I am almost always ahead of everyone by at least half the course. Then I get lightning'd/red shelled/blue shelled or some combination of those.

fingerz

Yeah, you've gotta keep a close eye on the item screen on the Gamepad at all times. In fact, it's kinda like you're driving a real car and have to (or should) check all your mirrors every few seconds. The more you do it, the more you'll know about who's got what. I literally have the Gamepad up near my face so I can quickly check whilst driving. XD

As for your item troubles, can't do much about Lightning... I always carry an item behind me to thwart Red Shells and I make sure I never get tempted to throw it away for another item just in case I get a coin... Unless there's someone behind who I can hit. :P

As for the Spiny Shells, you've only got two choices; speed up or reverse like there's no tomorrow! Depending on how far ahead I am, I'll immediately decide to do one or the other. If you can see that the person behind you has a Red Shell or something and they're not too far away, it's best to reverse. Then again, it's up to you.

I tend to zoom ahead and gain as much distance between myself and 2nd position so if anything does come my way, I'm still in the lead. ^^

MaestroUGC

I just don't lose, so...
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

mikey

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 27, 2015, 06:29:05 PMI am almost always ahead of everyone by at least half the course. Then I get lightning'd/red shelled/blue shelled or some combination of those.
that's usually what I do too.  Some people say though that sticking close to second place and keeping them off item boxes and letting them get hit by stuff is much easier though so yeah
unmotivated

K-NiGhT

Quote from: fingerz on April 27, 2015, 07:40:41 PMYeah, you've gotta keep a close eye on the item screen on the Gamepad at all times. In fact, it's kinda like you're driving a real car and have to (or should) check all your mirrors every few seconds. The more you do it, the more you'll know about who's got what. I literally have the Gamepad up near my face so I can quickly check whilst driving. XD
Problem is, you're assuming I use the Gamepad when I play.

fingerz

...Who wouldn't? What other way is there to play that actually works?

And don't you dare mention motion controls. :P

Pit0010

Motion controls >:)
is the way I roll Joey >:) MWAHAHAHA

im sorry...xD still gonna...keep saying xD
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

K-NiGhT

Quote from: fingerz on April 27, 2015, 11:43:01 PM...Who wouldn't? What other way is there to play that actually works?

And don't you dare mention motion controls. :P
um the pro controller? :P

Sebastian

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 27, 2015, 08:48:25 PMProblem is, you're assuming I use the Gamepad when I play.
Say you're using a GameCube controller etc.
Couldn't you use the gameplay as a lookout to see what people have and use another controller the control the driver like on smash?