News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Submissions for the Next Update 2

Started by Olimar12345, May 26, 2014, 03:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Post a maximum of 3 Submissions.

1) Make a SINGLE post with your three pieces. Any other posts will be deleted. (We have a general questions topic) Discussions about arrangements should take place in individual threads.
2) Submit sheets using ONLY dropbox. It's more efficient and safer than mediafire.
3) Put separate links for all your files (MUS, Midi, and PDF) for each sheet.
4) Before posting, be sure that your sheets are in tip-top shape (i.e. formatted to perfection, well arranged, etc.). This is NOT the place to ask updaters to fix things for you. This is.
5) Your post will be edited with feedback.

Here are the Formatting Rules. Please read & follow them, it makes things easier and it makes the site look more professional. If a sheet is not formatted properly, we may not even bother to look.

Please provide PDF, MUS, and MIDI format, and make sure to write the arranger name in your post, if it is not your own username. Just to avoid mix-ups.

NEW
If you are submitting a replacement, be sure to check out the New Guidelines for properly crediting the arranger.

List of Currently Accepted Sheets:

[GCN] - Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - "Mario and Luigi's House" - mariolegofan
[GB] - Wario Land 3 - "Tidal Coast" - FierceDeity
[SNES] - Super Mario RPG - "Nimbus Land" - FierceDeity
[GB] - Pokemon Red Blue Yellow - "Cerulean City" - FierceDeity
[Wii] - Super Paper Mario - "Floro Caverns" (replacement) - Bloop
[GBA] - Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones - "Final Battle" - maelstrom
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Zunawe

[GB] Pokémon Red/Blue Version - "Surf" (Replacement for "Surf Theme")
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [YouTube][/url]

Olimar12345: Try this out. Also remember that you don't get more than three voices in GB music.

[GB] Pokémon Red/Blue Version - "Oak's Laboratory" (Replacement for "Oak's Lab")

Olimar12345: The inner voice is almost entirely incorrect. Also, staccatissimo markings DO NOT mean to shorten the note length. Use a smaller note value if you want a shorter note.

[GB] Pokémon Red/Blue Version - "Victory Road" (Replacement for "Indigo Plateau")

Olimar12345: You have notated more voices than are actually present. Thin it back out to the original pls. Also missing dynamic(s).

Zunawe: Apologies. It's been a while. I'll make sure to look through everything again eventually. However, I've been getting busier, so don't prioritize me.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Yugi

Olimar12345: To prevent future formatting errors, use this template file. Simply edit the file info and time/key accordingly per arrangement. For these, copy and paste them onto the template. I'll commence reviewing your arrangements once you do this.

Yugi: It okay if I only convert the MUS files, and then convert the other two when the sheet is accepted? Because making files for all three is pretty tedious and I don't want to have to do it multiple times.

Olimar12345: Yes, this is fine.

Yugi: Jewel Temptation is updated. Haven't done anything about the other two though.

EDIT: hey olimar

are you there

can you please look at jewel temptation while I fix the other two

[Wii] Mega Man 9 - "Jewel Temptation (Jewel Man Stage)" [PDF] [MUS] [MIDI] [Youtube][/url]

[NDS] Mega Man 9 - "Pursuit ~ Cornered" [PDF] [MUS] [MIDI] [Youtube]

[NES] Mega Man 2 - "Crash Man" (Replacement)
[PDF] [MUS] [MIDI] [Youtube][/url]

Bloop

[WII] Super Paper Mario
Floro Caverns (replacement)
[MUS]
[MID]
[PDF]

Olimar12345: Missing the copyright info. Also, split your composers' names into two lines, and rather than separate them with a comma, use an ampersand. Watch out for finale nuisances like in measure 5. The layers' unison have separated the accidental and it now looks like a double flat. I believe the patch for this came in Finale2014, so in earlier versions the only thing you can do is move one of them behind the other using the "Accidental Mover Tool" in the special tools.

Bloop: Oh wow, I always forget that or something. Also is the ampersand a requirement? I've always done ut like this, and it has been accepted multiple times.
I've got Finale 2014, so I'll be able to fix that ^^

EDIT: Fixed!

Olimar12345: I guess the ampersand isn't really required, it just looks nicer imo. Anyway, it is fine now, and I'll accept it. I might do a few ocd formatting things later, idk.

Francis Battle
[MUS]
[MID]
[PDF]

Bloop: This version of Francis Battle is a solo version, but if possible, I'd like to replace the duet version with this one. The duet version isn't that great and the solo version doesn't really look like it.

Olimar12345: Yeah, replacing the duet seems okay.
-Incorrect bass from the last half of measure 16 until 25, then 26-28.

That might be the only thing wrong with it, actually.

McDucky

[SNES] Kirby Superstar

Gourmet Race
[MUS]
[PDF]
[MID] 
[Original]

Olimar12345:
-Incorrect bass in measures 1-2.
-Missing harmony in the first two measures RH.
-Remove both lower C's in measures 3, 7, 11, & 15.
-Missing harmony on the up-beats of the LH from 3-18, 23-26, then 31-50.
-Up-beat chords in the RH in measures 19 and 21 should be F minor in first inversion (Ab - C - F bottom-up), then C minor in second inversion in measures 20 and 22 (G - C - Eb bottom-up). Surprisingly, you do this correctly in measures 27-30.

There's probably more, but lets start with this stuff.

[PC] The Binding of Isaac

Respite
[MUS]
[PDF]
[MID] 
[Original]

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

The Steel Samurai
[MUS]
[PDF]
[MID]
[Original]

Sebastian

Paper Mario 2: TTYD marathon :)

Can't wait for feedback :)

[GCN] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - "Mario and Luigi's House"
[PDF]
[MUS]
[MIDI]
[Original]

Olimar12345: We looked at this one. Accepted.

[GCN] Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door - Shadow Queen Final Battle
[PDF]
[MUS]
[MIDI]
[Original]

MLF: Updated the links above

[GCN] Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door - Character Abilities
[PDF]
[MUS]
[MIDI]
[Original]

spitllama

[WII] Rayman Origins – "Lum King" – spitllama [ZIP]

[GCN] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door – "Story of the Thousand-Year Door" – spitllama [MUS]

Olimar12345:
-The arrangement overall has too much voice/hand crossing and doubled notes in hands. Go through it and weed out all the things written for both hands and make a decision of which hand will play what. An easy way to fix this is to play it at a piano and adjust it to how you play it.
-Try to be consistent with your layer voices. Sometimes have one, sometimes you have two, other times you have four. Just try make it consistent throughout sections.
-Using the pedal might be helpful in places of this arrangement.
-The last eighth note in measure 68 should be a Db in the staff.
-You've got two hands playing the same note in measures 69-71. I'd suggest moving the Eb down an octave in the LH.

[WII] Super Mario Galaxy 2 – "Clock Time Attack" – spitllama [MUS]

Olimar12345:
-Use a slur mark to emphasize the weight of the notes not marked with a staccato mark (measures 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17).
-Change the Eb's in measure 16 to D#'s to correct the harmony.
-You're missing another voice that plays in harmony with the RH from 10-17.
-Add the upper octave of G's to the RH from measures 34-37.
-The 16th note pick ups into measure 18 in the RH are extremely demanding. Fast repeated notes at this tempo in this fashion aren't something you usually ask pianists to do (the wrists work on a Z-axis, not an X-axis). I would recommend leaving out a voice. Cut either the last bit of the melody or the pick ups.
-At 42 the LH should be planing perfect fifths, not octaves.
-Change the C# in 35 to a Db, and add a courtesy accidental to the F natural. Also add a courtesy accidental to the C natural and D natural in 36. Do this every time this melody happens.
-Move everything to the first layer if there is only one layers' worth of stuff in said section lol.

Olimar12345: Go ahead and throw in a couple more since we didn't get any of yours in the last update.

spit: Great

Olimar12345:
Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 26, 2014, 03:52:01 PM3) Put separate links for all your files (MUS, Midi, and PDF) for each sheet.

No Zip files, pls.

[WII] Super Paper Mario – "Champion of Destruction" – spitllama [ZIP]

[NDS] Pokemon Black 2 & White 2 – "Musical "MELOETTAAA!"" – spitllama [ZIP]
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Maelstrom

[3DS] Bravely Default

Serpent Devouring the Horizon
[PDF] [.mus] [midi]
[Original]

Maelstrom I need to fix this up, so ignore it for now.

[GBA] Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

Final Battle
[PDF] [.mus] [midi]

Spoiler
Olimar12345: Formatting Guidelines. At a glance I see a non-bold title and composers' names, non-italicized arranger, and "Composed by" text is missing. Other odd things I noticed were the double bar-line to the left of measure 4, the text measure numbers (?)(my bad), and the section at the end that had everything in the LH in layer two, but nothing in layer 1 (why not keep everything in layer 1?). Let me know when these issues are resolved and I will continue reviewing your arrangements.

Maelstrom That's the only weird one. I can't believe I didn't notice it. I'll fix it in 5. Fixed.

Olimar12345:
-Remove the staccato marks from measures 17 though the end of the piece.
-Remove the lower octave from the LH in measures 24-26.
-Why is the rhythm in 25 & 26 different than the one preceding it? It doesn't change in the recording. Revert it.
-Move everything in the LH second layer (measures 19-26(excluding 23)) to the first layer.
-The bass voice in measures 9-16 should be notated differently. Combine the second and third eighth notes, as well as the sixth and seventh eigth notes, to make quarter notes. This will be much easier to read.
-Remove the double bar-line to the left of measure 4.

Maelstrom: All fixed and links updated.

Olimar12345:
-The last eighth note in measure 2 (LH) should be an F.
-The last two eighth notes in measure 3 should be Fb - Eb (takes us to Db minor).
-The second eighth note in measure 26 should be an F.
-As for the RH...well, there is actually a lot of harmony missing. Here, I think I got it all for you.

Maelstrom: Thanks, but I got finale '11 :( I'll see if I can make the changes in notepad. And what happened to measures 17 and 18?

Olimar12345: If you want to make the changes to a file you can view on finale2011, you could always pull up notepad2012 alongside it and switch between tabs to view it.

What's up with 17-18? I am away from my PC now, so I can't see d:

Maelstrom: The harmony was added above instead of below. It's fixed and the links have been updated.

Olimar12345: Slow the recording down and listen to it. What I had notated was correct. If it helps, this is the exact file I am listening to.

Mael: I guess you're right. It just didn't sound right. :P
Links have been reverted. Anything else?
[close]

Olimar12345: I think it's fine now. Accepted.

[SNES] Chrono Trigger

The Undersea Palace
Two Pianos
[PDF] [.mus] [midi]
Solo
[PDF] [.mus] [midi]

Cave of Darkness has been replaced with Serpent Devouring the Horizon.

Petpetfood

[Mult] Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - "Wood Carving Partita"
MUS
MIDI
PDF
YOUTUBE

Other two are to come soon!

jegilmer

[Arcade] New Rally-X - "Intro & Gameplay Themes"
[PDF]
[MUS]
[MIDI]
[Original]

Olimar12345: Oh my god your mus files are horrendous. Review the
Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 26, 2014, 03:52:01 PMFormatting Rules.

Jegilmer: I'm sorry! I've read the formatting rules and I'm following them in Sibelius 6. I'm a Sibelius user, so I only have Finale Notepad (which doesn't let you edit crap), so whenever I import the XML file it looks terrible. I would love for you to review them, and obviously my MUS files aren't acceptable at the moment. Do you have anyone you would recommend to fix up the MUS files for me?

[Arcade] Xevious - "Intro & Gameplay Themes"
[PDF]
[MUS]
[MIDI]
[Original]

[GCN] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - "Hooktail Castle"
[PDF]
[MUS]
[MIDI]
[Original]

Jonathan Gilmer is my arranger name

Jegilmer: Also, Are we allowed to post more than once (post 3 and then post 3 more)? I want to say I've seen it done before, but I don't know if it additional posts would be considered.

Olimar12345: No. The only time I have seen something like this, it was from Spitllama, and he was submitting arrangements for another user (with their permission).

Jegilmer: Alrighty. Looking forward to some feedback!

JDMEK5

Let's try this again. I think I fixed everything you mentioned before but if a note or two is still off in either run, a little assistance if/whenever you could get the chance would be hugely appreciated. If it's not accurate now, I'm stumped.

[3DS] Pokémon X/Y - "Battle! (Wild Pokémon)"

Olimar12345:
-The intro seems to work, except for the LH's 5+ octave leap. Try to do something about that.
-The chord in measure 20 should be held through measure 21 until the pick up.
-At least the third is playing with the RH from 22-25 (C from 22-23, A from 24-25).
-The last three eighth notes in the LH of measure 9 should be descending: Bb - A - F.
-The bass changes in measure 17, which you didn't write.
-The LH in 22 to the end needs some work. For the first four measures of that, it outlines the triad of the harmony ([C - Eb - Ab - C - Eb - Ab - C - Eb] for 22-23, then down to [A - C - F - A - C - F - A - C] for 24-25). At 26 it changes, so listen carefully.

Despite the issues above, this one is quite close to being there!

JDMEK5:
I went through again and I believe I addressed everything you mentioned. Between slowing it down and changing the key of the original version, I think I got the bass more accurate in those spots than before.

[NDS] Pokémon Black/White Version - "An Unwavering Heart"

[NDS] Pokémon Black/White Version - "Nuvema Town" (Replacement)
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

K-NiGhT

[NES] - Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! - Boxing
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Olimar12345:
-The upper-octave accents in the LH are off in measures 8, 10, 12, and 14.
-Over all, your note lengths are incorrect. Many notes should be shorter than you have written. The bass can actually help you with this. Since it's all eighth notes, just count how many eighth notes play for the duration of the note in question. For example, the first chord in the RH should be a quarter note.
-The last eighth note "E" in the RH measure 18 should be a "D."
-Change the title on the second page and make in not bold.
-You are also missing several grace notes throughout the piece.

K-NiGhT: I'll get on this ASAP.

[Mult] Sonic Adventure 2 - Live and Learn
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

FierceDeity

Time to unload some old fulfilled requests, haha.

[GB] Wario Land 3 - "Tidal Coast/Sea Turtle Rocks/Beneath the Waves" (YouTube)
PDF     MUS     MIDI

Olimar12345: Cool. Accepted.

[SNES] Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - "Nimbus Land" (YouTube)
PDF     MUS     MIDI

[GB] Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow - "Cerulean City" (YouTube)
PDF     MUS     MIDI

DanJRio

I've made an arrangement of the music from Mount Crenel from The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap that I'd like to submit.

[GBA] The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap - "Mount Crenel"
.MUS: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gwlbr90br5gx78y/Mount%20Crenel.mus
.MID: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jxllqhd22ygu4z9/Mount%20Crenel.mid
.PDF: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cb0i6d9h97m1zcm/Mount%20Crenel.pdf

Olimar12345: Welcome to the site! Before I can accept these, they must follow the formatting guidelines that were stated in the OP.

Bubbles

why not

[PC] Full Tilt! Pinball - "Space Cadet Board" [MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] (Youtube)

Bubbles: Actually I just realized how terrible this is so I'm going to make an attempt at rhythm groupings before you look over it. Done

[NDS] Professor Layton and the Curious Village - "About Town" (Arranged by Bubbles and Bloop) [MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] (Youtube)

Olimar12345: Thanks for the YouTube links, but:

Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 26, 2014, 03:52:01 PM3) Put separate links for all your files (MUS, Midi, and PDF) for each sheet.

Bubbles: Look at all those links now!