News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

Similar Music

Started by InsigTurtle, May 18, 2014, 02:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsigTurtle

Which pieces that have you heard sound similar melody-wise to another piece, video game or otherwise?

For example: The Green Train's Fun, Too! from Mother 3 and the surfing music from Pokémon Black and White

Echo

From the same games in the first post: Mother 3's "Theme of Love" and Pokemon Black/White's "N's Farewell"

Maelstrom

There was some harmony part I learned in the wizard of oz that sounded exactly like the Hive Mecha Theme from Metroid Prime. I have no clue why I noticed that.  And, on a random side note, I could faintly hear the college graduation music from my house. I kept hearing a bar or two that made me expect it to turn into the fire emblem theme. I think I need to listen to less video game music. :P

JDMEK5

This song is basically these three throughout the whole thing:
Song 1
[close]
Song 2
[close]
Song 3
[close]
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

InsigTurtle

Here's one, concerning the one of the motifs first heard at 0:55 in this piece, and the melody in this guy, starting around 0:15. It's really just the descending triplets that sound similar.

MaestroUGC

Well of course, who wouldn't want to copy Liszt?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

BlackDragonSlayer

I can't believe I haven't posted this here yet.

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

fingerz

Quote from: MaestroUGC on May 19, 2014, 08:23:33 PMWell of course, who wouldn't want to copy Liszt?
So damn true. :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

InsigTurtle

I'm bumping this guy up because I don't want to create a new topic.
This one, I've noticed for a while now, but it's still pretty neat.

This one's similarities are quite a bit weaker, but I've seen a lot of comparisons between it and the former two.

Yug_Guy