News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

New Ace Attorney Game

Started by Yugi, April 22, 2014, 01:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yugi

It's from the director of the original games, and it's set... at the turn of the 20th century?

SlowPokemon

ace attorney 6 ancient lawyers confirmed

And it's set during the Meiji period of Japan, not the turn of the 20th century lmao
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Echo

Localizers getting trolled so hard

mikey

unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Echo on April 22, 2014, 02:26:49 PMLocalizers getting trolled so hard

THIS ITS LIKE PAYBACK FOR THE RAMEN BURGER THING

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 22, 2014, 02:12:48 PMAnd it's set during the Meiji period of Japan, not the turn of the 20th century lmao
CONSULTING OUR COMPLETELY TRUSTWORTHY SOURCE WIKIPEDIA:
QuoteThe Meiji period, also known as the Meiji era, is a Japanese era which extended from September 1868 through July 1912.
QuoteThe 20th century was the period between January 1, 1901 and December 31, 2000.
So, in other words, the turn of the 20th century, which coincides with the Meiji era of Japan (which would be anywhere from 1901 to 1912).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on April 22, 2014, 02:34:05 PMCONSULTING OUR COMPLETELY TRUSTWORTHY SOURCE WIKIPEDIA:So, in other words, the turn of the 20th century, which coincides with the Meiji era of Japan (which would be anywhere from 1901 to 1912).
Everyone uses Wikipedia
no use denying it or saying it's inaccurate
unmotivated

Yugi

guys i just thought

medieval edgeworth

mikey

unmotivated

blueflower999

So is this like a spinoff series, or actually Ace Attorney 6?

Not sure what I think about this yet.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Echo

Quote from: blueflower999 on April 22, 2014, 04:00:24 PMSo is this like a spinoff series, or actually Ace Attorney 6?

Not sure what I think about this yet.

Prequel spin-off/side-story, kinda like the Miles Edgeworth games.

Ace Attorney 6 is in development too, by the team that made the Miles Edgeworth games and AA5.

SlowPokemon

Every single ace attorney effort to date has been amazing, so I have no reason to doubt Capcom.

Echo

SlowPokemon

This game has been confirmed to have a title that isn't "Gyakuten Saiban 6" (can't remember the actual title); therefore, it can be assumed it's a spinoff in the style of Ace Attorney Investigations. However, with Shu Takumi directing this project, I still feel it's going to be worthwhile.

Also, Capcom's statement is that this game "has not been confirmed for America," and honestly I'm not feeling too hopeful about getting it localized due to its nature.

I'm just imagining that this is something like what happened:

Ace Attorney localization team: "Ohhh, I get it. Nine-tails Vale is an immigrant town, so it makes sense to have Japanese culture. We're good at this localizing thing."
Shu Takumi: "Challenge accepted."

Echo