News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

FireArrow's Compositions :D [NEW: Jazz :DDD]

Started by FireArrow, April 06, 2014, 09:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireArrow

I finally started doing something. ._.

Bad Guy
Battle 1
Forest 1
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Olimar12345

Nice piece you have here! Very contrapuntal. The only advice I can give is make a bigger deal out of your cadences.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FireArrow

Thanks! Do you mean have a larger build-up or hold out the ending note longer?

Olimar12345

Since a cadence is a point of rest, I would try to show that in the phrasing. As it stands, the melodic voice (trumpet I think) stays in constant motion over the harmony throughout the piece. It never seems to "rest" so to speak.

For a first composition, you've done a great job. Worlds better than when I started lol d:
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FireArrow

Ah, I see, thanks. I'll try to keep that in mind next time! For the most part, regarding this song, after coming to a cadence, I wouldn't know how to pick the melody up again afterwards, so I just raised the third and modulated.

FireArrow

Bump, another. Yay.

Zunawe

You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

FireArrow

McDucky

Fantastic work :D 
"Battle 1" could be a bit sharper, perhaps with less voices.   
This makes me want to make a final fantasy style rpg  ::)

FireArrow

Yeah, I see what you mean. For the most part, I just tried to blast the volume on the trumpet, but maybe sticking with only one counter melody would of been better for that given style.

If you feel the inspiration to do so, by all means do it! It's really fun, haha.

Echo

Cool work, brah! Have you experimented with drum and percussion parts yet, or do you prefer not having them?

Way better than what I could do, though. Keep it up. ;)

FireArrow

Naw dude, that one song you showed me was amazing! Still have it saved on my comp.

Battle 1 actually has percussion, it's just drowned out by everything else. For the most part though, I'm not experienced enough to add more than a quarter note/eight note rhythm, so I just leave them out.

FireArrow

I tried to write jazz... I think it worked! (Ignore the childish name, I couldn't resist :])