News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

State of NSM TWG

Started by Mashi, April 01, 2014, 06:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mashi

As many of you know, TWG on NSM hasn't been so active lately.  I feel a variety of factors have caused this; the loss of various members in the community, the business of TWC elsewhere (myself included), an ostensible lack of interest among the remainder of Players in TWG, and many other things.

Personally, I feel that the dynamics of the NSM community as a whole have changed and that the forum's current setting is no longer conducive to TWG, at least for the time being.  I'm not certain that TWG will be able to sustain itself if we bothered to continue, so I would suggest that an indefinite, extended break be made.  Note that if we do go through with this, we probably won't see TWG for at least a few months.  We could potentially restart during the summer, but we would have to see.

I want to hear feedback from people though, hence why I'm posting this topic.

So...

TWG
Discuss.

BlackDragonSlayer

Unfortunately, as much as I don't want to agree, I must agree. Until we can get a sizable group of players who can fully participate in a game, inactivity is going to disrupt many games. We have enough players, definitely, but it's a question of whether or not they have the capacity to be active- as seen in the previous game, of course, inactivity fuels inactivity (especially if a majority of the players are inactive, which can lead to a stagnation of actions).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

I claim fool.

Honestly I think certain games are active certain ones aren't and it really just cycles back and forth.  I guess finals are coming up again in about a month but I'd really like to participate in more TWGs.
unmotivated

Wolf

I agree with bds. Mostly, there are more inactive players then the number of the ones that do. And because some nsm members are gone, ( for example: bird)not too many people are signing up.
But this IS the most popular fourm game in nsm so just keep the game going. But with a rule. How bout the person who was the most inactive player will be banned at nsm for like a week or something like that. But you get the idea. Or Mashi, if you think it's hard to take care of this game, then how bout getting a replacment? Not that I want to but I just want the game going. Besides, it's fun to guess who is the wolf and stuff like that. And also, we do get enough players every time. So pls don't take a break!
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

Toby

spitllama

Bird is gone? Since when?
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Greg

Bird missed one game. I don't really think that counts.

Anyway, yeah, I think we need a break: we're just about to enter finals season for some people, too, and that's just going to exacerbate the problem. Hopefully after a break everyone will be hyped to play TWG again.

mikey

Quote from: Greg on April 02, 2014, 09:23:16 AMBird missed one game. I don't really think that counts.

Anyway, yeah, I think we need a break: we're just about to enter finals season for some people, too, and that's just going to exacerbate the problem. Hopefully after a break everyone will be hyped to play TWG again.
I also think that coming up with really unusual mechanics/third parties might help improve participation.  We should all brainstorm together to come up with a super good one for after finals :P
unmotivated

fank009

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 02, 2014, 12:10:06 PMI also think that coming up with really unusual mechanics/third parties might help improve participation.  We should all brainstorm together to come up with a super good one for after finals :P

I have a few ideas for a game, but I feel a simple game might bring the masses out... (my idea is keep it simple)
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

Greg

Yeah, once games get too complicated it tends to put people who aren't super into TWG off.

One gimmick is probably good enough for one game. :P

MaestroUGC

I've been working on a game for some time now, I just need to find time to host it. (re: summer)
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Bird

I leave for two weeks and everyone goes crazy!

I don't think a break is necessary. I've seen LLF's breaks, and they never really cause a surge of activity once they end... they might lead to one good game, then things return to the status quo pretty quickly!

A more obvious solution, to me, would be just having smaller games. How about this:

For every new hosting ballot topic, game size will be capped at the number of people from the previous game plus the number of replacements who signed up for the previous game.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Olimar12345

Wait, so this isn't an April fools joke?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bird

Oh oops, I only skimmed the main post. Uhh... yeah it was probably an April Fool's thing. Whoops!

I blame everyone else for falling for it before me.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

mikey

Quote from: Bird on April 03, 2014, 12:42:22 AMOh oops, I only skimmed the main post. Uhh... yeah it was probably an April Fool's thing. Whoops!

I blame everyone else for falling for it before me.
I did claim fool though, so if anyone was on to something it was me :P
unmotivated