Sheet Music Errors Thread

Started by KefkaticFanatic, March 16, 2014, 06:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbeh99

While I was submitting my "Clair (Duet)" Olimar noticed some wrong notes which also existed on my solo arrangement on site.

These are the errors:
Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 20, 2016, 10:54:04 PMFew more things:
-Measure 1, first part (RH): down-beat of four should be an E# not an F#.
-Measure 5, first part (RH): up-beat of three and down-beat of four should be D# then C# descending.
-Measure 8, second part (RH): second note should be an E#, not an F# (sixteenth tied to an eighth).

I made a new version where I made these changes.
[ZIP]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0hlzgwuU9Y
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Olimar12345

Fixed (and updated with the latest things I mentioned in your thread).
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Yug_Guy on August 07, 2016, 08:22:09 PMSo, according to the Splatoon Wiki, my sheet "DJ Octavio Phase 4 (Squid Sisters)" should actually be titled "Calamari Inkantation". So, I've changed the title, as well as adding some extra voices to m.17-28 I had missed the first time:
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
(There's also a .musx file that needs to be replaced, but I need someone else to do it for me)

Quote from: Static on August 09, 2016, 07:50:46 PMI can't believe I just noticed this now, but I realized I put down the wrong key for Dry Dry Desert in Mario Kart 8;
on-site it's in Ab minor, but after listening to the original track again, it seems to be in C# minor. All of the notes themselves are the correct pitch, it's just that they were labelled incorrectly.

I'm incredibly sorry I didn't catch this during the submission process, especially since it's one of my own arrangements, but I just wanted to let you guys know. Thank you!

Also, this isn't exactly too of a deal if you guys want to leave it as is, because the notes themselves are all correct and the sheet looks readable either way (same amount of accidentals, just sharps instead of naturals in places). I just wanted to point this out for accuracy.

On-Site: [.PDF] [.MUS] [.MID]
Fixed: [.PDF] [.MUS] [.MID]
Original: [Video][/url]
Could these please get updated as well?

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Latios212 on August 24, 2016, 06:39:44 PMYes. Done!
Uh, while Dry Dry Desert is updated, Calamari Inkantation doesn't seem to be up yet.

Latios212

Ah, right. It might help if I actually uploaded the files.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Latios212 on August 24, 2016, 07:30:12 PMAh, right. It might help if I actually uploaded the files.
Yeah, that might help just a little bit. Thanks!

nutella511

Midna's Desperation could use some work. There are quite a few errors in formatting, ie: copyright info, and arranger/composer. It also has no harmonies, which the original has. Also, the official title is Midna's Lament. The title is never shown in the game, but the version in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, as well as the officially released soundtrack refer to this track as Midna's Lament

Maelstrom

Fun fact: Smash bros is wrong, and the reason everyone refers to it as "midna's lament".

nutella511

What about TP HD's soundtrack?

mikey

The Alfred book also refers to it as midnas lament
Fascinating
unmotivated

Tobbeh99

Tried out my arrangement of "Main Theme" from Skylanders: SuperChargers, and I noticed a couple of small flaws. So I made a new version in which I fixed these.

Changes:

-Added parentheses in the LH, from measure 1-8.

-Measure 3 RH: Tied the last 16th note with the first note in measure 4.

-Measure 11: Made the last 2 16th's notes in the LH one octave higher, this makes it a lot easier playing it legato. Did do by changed the 8va lines length..

-Measure 17: Changed the dynamic from a "ffp" to a "sub p". Makes more sense imo.

Here are the files:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24842881/Skylanders%20SuperChargers/Main%20Theme.zip
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

JDMEK5

Quote from: nutella511 on August 30, 2016, 03:12:59 PMAlso, the official title is Midna's Lament. The title is never shown in the game, but the version in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, as well as the officially released soundtrack refer to this track as Midna's Lament
Quote from: Maelstrom on August 30, 2016, 03:24:06 PMFun fact: Smash bros is wrong, and the reason everyone refers to it as "midna's lament".
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 30, 2016, 03:28:01 PMThe Alfred book also refers to it as midnas lament
Fascinating
Fun Fact: It's a localization thing. In North America it's "Midna's Lament", but in Europe it's "Midna's Desparation". iirc
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Tobbeh99

I noticed a small error in my Duet arrangement of "Clock Tower Casualty" from "Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance". There are 3 staves which show measure numbers, and there should only be 2 showing measure numbers. I fixed this error in the files below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24842881/Castlevania%20Harmony%20of%20Dissonance/Clock%20Tower%20Casualty%20%28Duet%29.zip

Also this:
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on August 30, 2016, 04:08:57 PMTried out my arrangement of "Main Theme" from Skylanders: SuperChargers, and I noticed a couple of small flaws. So I made a new version in which I fixed these.

Changes:

-Added parentheses in the LH, from measure 1-8.

-Measure 3 RH: Tied the last 16th note with the first note in measure 4.

-Measure 11: Made the last 2 16th's notes in the LH one octave higher, this makes it a lot easier playing it legato. Did do by changed the 8va lines length..

-Measure 17: Changed the dynamic from a "ffp" to a "sub p". Makes more sense imo.

Here are the files:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24842881/Skylanders%20SuperChargers/Main%20Theme.zip

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

Hello friends, if you can spare a moment. The following sheets on site have nonworking files:
  • Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party "Love Shine"
  • Double Dragon II: The Revenge "Undersea Base"
  • Golden Axe II "The Tower"
  • Treasure Mathstorm "Into and Title Theme"
  • Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land "Yogurt Yard Forest"
  • Kirby: Canvas Curse "Silver Submarine"
If anyone can find functional .mus files, perhaps from old personal arrangement threads or web archives of NSM, that'd be great and we can use those to replace the broken files on site! Otherwise I'll just have to delete these... (Alternatively, you could arrange a replacement. That works too.)

I've been pressed for time lately, so any help scouring for these files would be greatly appreciated. Thanks~

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on September 30, 2016, 03:54:53 PM...
Fixed!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle