News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Sheet Music Errors Thread

Started by KefkaticFanatic, March 16, 2014, 06:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirbyfan101

Quote from: Latios212 on October 05, 2015, 07:29:34 PMFixed. Double check it for me, I assume you meant measure 20.

Ah, yes, I did mean to say measure 20. My bad. Thank you for fixing the sheet music though! :)
<(-^.^<) <(-^.^-)> (>^.^-)>

Kirbyfan101

Quote from: AwesomeYears on October 05, 2015, 11:15:12 PMDang, all the older members just appear outta nowhere, why is that?

Well, I had been meaning to return for quite a while, but I had forgotten the password and never got around to resetting it. It does feel good to be back, though I'm sure I missed out on a lot (like when did the website URL change?)...

Tobbeh99

This still isn't fixed!

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on September 07, 2015, 01:38:20 PMI found an error in the Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth 2 sheet "Yumihiko Ichiyanagi ~ First-Class Reasoning". The first note in the right hand measure 4 is supposed to be a written out turn, listen to the original song. It would be great if someone could just edit that quickly. This goes for all the files (pdf, mus, midi).

Here is the sheet: http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/download/pdf/2481
Here is the song for and as you can hear the first note should be a turn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE3clUhmdOI

Also you probably should decide for the name of the game since both the title on the main site and the arrangements on site have different game titles.
main site: "Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth 2"
Bonds: A Believing Heart: Turnabout Prosecutor 2 (Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth 2)
Yumihiko Ichiyanagi ~ First-Class Reasoning: Gyakuten Kenji 2
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on September 07, 2015, 01:51:44 PMI don't mean a "turn" as a symbol, I said written out turn, but that there is not only an A in beat 3 measure 4 but more notes. Not only an A. And it has to be a mistake since you've done ornaments in later measures such as beat 3 measure 12,20 etc. but not in measure 4.
Quote from: TheMarioPianist on September 07, 2015, 07:33:00 PMBada bing, bada boom. The musical part of this argument has been solved.
[.mid]
[.mus]
[.pdf]
[.musx]
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

I recall asking Maelstrom for permission. I'll retrieve the chat later.

Quote from: Kirbyfan101 on October 05, 2015, 11:25:50 PMAh, yes, I did mean to say measure 20. My bad. Thank you for fixing the sheet music though! :)
No problem! And welcome back :P
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

You don't need to. His issue was that he wanted the turns notated with notes, not with a turn symbol, as seen in the sheet. The one on site is missing notes, and thereby wrong. The ones mariopianist made are perfect, the "turn" is notated with 4 16th notes, not with a turn symbol.
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Kirbyfan101

Quote from: Latios212 on October 06, 2015, 07:55:08 AMNo problem! And welcome back :P
Thank you! I plan to stick around for a while. :)
Now, to actually get my hands on some software...

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Latios212 on October 06, 2015, 07:55:08 AMI recall asking Maelstrom for permission. I'll retrieve the chat later.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on October 06, 2015, 01:09:22 PMYou don't need to. His issue was that he wanted the turns notated with notes, not with a turn symbol, as seen in the sheet. The one on site is missing notes, and thereby wrong. The ones mariopianist made are perfect, the "turn" is notated with 4 16th notes, not with a turn symbol.
I mean, I don't get why that couldn't be added. Like we said, we are leaving it as 16th notes, we are just adding one of the groups of four that was accidentally forgotten. I don't see why that requires permission, and if it did, Maelstrom would most certainly agree.

Another thing, I had a couple notes missing in measures 37 and 38 of Route 209 that I just noticed. Can someone update them? Corrected file

"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Latios212

Whoops, remind me tomorrow if someone doesn't have it done by then.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

MomoQca

On the main site, most of the titles under Xenoblade Chronicles should be changed since Nintendo released the official English names for Xenoblade Chronicles 3D.

One Who Gets In Our Way -> An Obstacle in Our Path
Refugee Camp -> In the Refugee Camp
Riki's Tenderness -> Riki's Kindness
Sator - Phosphorescent Land - Night -> Satorl Marsh (Night)

from http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Xenoblade_Original_Soundtrack

Latios212

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on October 06, 2015, 05:49:01 AMThis still isn't fixed!
Done

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on October 24, 2015, 08:45:52 PMAnother thing, I had a couple notes missing in measures 37 and 38 of Route 209 that I just noticed. Can someone update them? Corrected file
But 38 isn't playable now.

Quote from: MomoQca on October 25, 2015, 06:01:04 AMOn the main site, most of the titles under Xenoblade Chronicles should be changed since Nintendo released the official English names for Xenoblade Chronicles 3D.

One Who Gets In Our Way -> An Obstacle in Our Path
Refugee Camp -> In the Refugee Camp
Riki's Tenderness -> Riki's Kindness
Sator - Phosphorescent Land - Night -> Satorl Marsh (Night)

from http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Xenoblade_Original_Soundtrack
Gimme a bit for this one.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

braix

Any chance someone could change the file for Desperation(Light Arrangement) from PMD Gates to Infinity?
The arranger name says zoroark1264 but obviously zoro is no longer with us.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Latios212

RIP zoro

Fixed the title, composer info, arranger info, copyright info, URL, and some random overlapping note-clef thingy

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Tobbeh99

I found an error:

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! "Satyr's Song": I can't open any the files.

10/10 tobbeh

Gamma-Ray

Quote from: Gamma-Ray on March 10, 2015, 04:57:30 AMI'm not sure if this is considered an error or if you wil agree with me at all, but shouldn't the Striaton City Music be measured 6/8 instead of 3/4, at least from bar 3? And the notes in bar 1-2 sound like triplets, so either 4/4 with triplets or 12/8 with eight notes should fit. Thus, the tempo of one quarter or three eights in bar 1-2 would correspond to three eights in bar 3.

So I finally managed to get the right files and upload them. Other than measuring, I think I changed only a few notes, and therefore kept Dr. Pamplemousse as the arranger.

PDF: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4jiilzeq7slmjdd/Striaton_City.pdf?dl=0
MID: https://www.dropbox.com/s/knoqfvpf79puenk/Striaton_City.mid?dl=0
MUS: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qlgesb161cql0pa/Striaton_City.mus?dl=0

Please let me know if
a) it is ok to post this here instead of submitting it
b) the formatting is correct or
c) I should rather try to replace the original sheet since tbh it still sounds a bit boring (i.e. left hand)