News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Frozen - Let it Go [Finished]

Started by Brawler4Ever, January 23, 2014, 09:47:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brawler4Ever

Hey everybody! Long time no see! I just need a quick favor. I'm working on an arrangement of the Idina Menzel version of Let it Go from Frozen. What I need is help with the tempo. It fluctuates between 138 and 137. Very annoying. but i think I've figured it out.

What I need is for someone with a higher version of Finale Notepad to add tempo changes into the song.  There's 2-3 places. I've already marked them on the page. It'll say "tempo = 137" above the measure that needs to be changed (and remain changed), until the next line of text that says "tempo = 138". The tempo at the beginning of the song is at 138. The goal is to be able to play both the sheet music on Finale Notepad and the mp4 at the same time and have it remain consistent. In bits and pieces, this is possible. But I can't change the tempo, so I always end of moving ahead of the song. It's...annoying.

Here is the sheet music: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz-plRR3KJSiSVRqX0FOOVp6N0k/edit

They're free for anyone who wants to play it. The trouble is that I used parts of the sheet music from other arrangers. A necessary evil, due to my lack of music skills. My plan is to present them a finished product, have their permission to use the sheet music, then release the sheet music via Youtube when I eventually play it. Out of respect to them and to prevent any possible lawsuits or whatever. You know. Legal stuff. So for now, please don't release them too publicly. It'll be our little secret.

I'll be happy to answer any questions and concerns. Thank you!

Also, any comments and critique on the sheet music itself would be greatly appreciated. Anything to make it better.
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

JDMEK5

This is not happening...

First off, I'd suggest not to bother rewriting a one-bpm tempo change. The performer isn't likely to keep a constant speed anyways much less the right one exactly (unless of course there's a metronome involved. Then it's different).

If you're sure though, I can do that for you. I've requested the file (you'll recognize my email address when you see it) so if you're sure about this just send it over and I'll take care of those for you. And no, I won't send it anywhere else.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Brawler4Ever

Yeah. I can understand the feeling of "it's not worth it." One bpm isn't a huge deal. It's not for the sake of the performer, exactly, so much as being able to listen to both simultaneously. It helps me maintain accuracy to the original song. Nothing more than that. Seriously, the first time I played it through and started jumping ahead of the song, I freaked out completely. It took me about an hour to notice the slight change in tempo as the culprit. I thought I had added an extra rest somewhere.

I sent you an email and attached the file. I'll also play around with the google.docs thing. Try to set it to Share with all or something.

btw, to what does "this is not happening..." refer? Just out of curiosity.

Thanks!

EDIT: I fixed the link to "Those who have the link can see." I think that is best under the circumstances.

JDMEK5

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on January 23, 2014, 11:47:35 AMYeah. I can understand the feeling of "it's not worth it." One bpm isn't a huge deal. It's not for the sake of the performer, exactly, so much as being able to listen to both simultaneously. It helps me maintain accuracy to the original song. Nothing more than that. Seriously, the first time I played it through and started jumping ahead of the song, I freaked out completely. It took me about an hour to notice the slight change in tempo as the culprit. I thought I had added an extra rest somewhere.
Interesting idea, but ok.

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on January 23, 2014, 11:47:35 AMI sent you an email and attached the file. I'll also play around with the google.docs thing. Try to set it to Share with all or something.
Sounds good.

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on January 23, 2014, 11:47:35 AMbtw, to what does "this is not happening..." refer? Just out of curiosity.
Oh my little sister and her friends (my friends' little sisters) are always singing this song. She sang the chorus for a 45 minute drive straight (over and over again). I haven't seen the movie but I can sing the song (not that I'd ever care to. I'm kinda sick of it. :P).
But as long as it has no words, it should be fine.

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on January 23, 2014, 11:47:35 AMThanks!
Sure thing! ;)
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

mikey

The snow glows white on the mount tonight/
not a footprint to be seen/
a kingdom of isolation/
and it looks like I'm the queen/
:P
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

You're completely imagining the tempo change.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Brawler4Ever

Yeah, Slow. I probably am.  :P

Thanks JD! It sounds perfect. Now all I need to do is learn it... hahaha.

JDMEK5

My Arrangements

Sebastian

The link doesnt seem to work.
Does anyone have the sheet music? JDMEK5?
Thanks!