News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

TWG 63: Second Chances

Started by Bird, January 07, 2014, 05:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bird

TWG 63: Second Chances

1. Master Wolf Shaman - Wolf seered green. Also has seer powers.
2. Wolf Corpse Mangler - At any point in the game, has the ability to mangle a corpse preventing it from coming back to life or communicating with/through the medium. Two uses. Manglings are announced publicly.

3. Wolf Assassin - Makes a second wolfing each night phase separate from the Master Wolf and Corpse Mangler's wolfing. Can freely communicate with dead players.
4. Traitor-Shaman - Doesn't count for the wolves. Has seer powers. Every day phase, can create a message to be posted in the thread.

5. Megakiller - Vigilante. Power only works on nights 1 and 2. Must kill someone on those nights or else he dies. If that player would die through other means (e.g. the wolves are already wolfing that person, or if the other Megakiller submits their kill PM first) the Megakiller dies.
6. Megakiller - Vigilante. Power only works on nights 1 and 2. Must kill someone on those nights or else he dies. If that player would die through other means (e.g. the wolves are already wolfing that person, or if the other Megakiller submits their kill PM first) the Megakiller dies.
7. Medium - Can freely talk to dead players via PM. Can also sacrifice this ability to allow one dead player to freely communicate in the thread (without voting). This is canceled if the dead player's corpse gets mangled.
8. Seer - Just an ordinary seer. Can sacrifice seering for one night phase to find out how many wolves are left in the game.
9. Angel - Can revive one lynched player after death. If the other Angel dies first, becomes an ordinary human. Thinks he's a human, finds out who he is after death.
10. Angel - Can revive one lynched player after death. If the other Angel dies first, becomes an ordinary human. Thinks he's a human, finds out who he is after death.
11. Millwright - Thinks he's a human.
12. Herring - Thinks he's a human.
13. Human
14. Human

---

Other Important Information

On Days 1 and 2, players vote on who should be lynched as well as which player (who died in the last night phase) should be brought back to life. Wolf powers (on each sub-team) are pooled. This includes those of the traitor. So if the traitor dies, the Wolf Assassin gets totem and seer powers. If one wolf fails to submit a PM for their powers, the other wolf on that team can do so. The Human and Megakiller PMs were done through BCC.

Order of Operations:
Night Phase: Seering->Wolf Kills->Megakiller Kills->Corpse Mangling->Revives/Medium Bringing Back Player
Day Phase: Revive Vote->Lynch->Mangling->Medium Bringing Back Player

Human Role PM:
QuoteYou are a Human, although it's possible that you're an Angel, Herring or Millwright.

Changes from the sign-up thread:
- Mangler has two uses, which are publicly announced.
- Wolf Assassin now has Medium powers.
- Seer now only has to sacrifice a single seering to determine the number of wolves left.
- Manglings now come after the revive vote.

Clarifications:
- Wolf Assassin's medium powers are limited to communication with dead players.
- Medium powers can only be used by living players. If the medium or Wolf Assassin dies, they're the same as every other corpse.

---

1. The_Subjective_Thought
2. spitllama
3. BlackDragonSlayer
4. Mashi
5. vermilionvermin
6. NocturneOfShadow
7. Dude
8. Kman96
9. k-NiGhT
10. fank009
11. Greg
12. JDMEK5
13. Olimar12345
14. Toby

---

Please read through the changes made to this game since the sign-ups (posted in "Other Important Information"). If you have any questions about the game, please send me a PM rather than posting them in the thread, and then I will relay any clarifications that must be made to the thread.

It is now Night 1. Night 1 ends in two days on Thursday, January 9th at 9:00 PM Central Time (10:00 Eastern). Good luck!

Chatroom Link
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Bird

Night 1
Day 1
Night 2

---

Story: Any resemblance to real life people or NSM users is purely coincidental.

Spoiler
One day, three very close friends decided to go camping. To spice it up though, they decided it should be in a graveyard. They brought some shovels in case they needed to dig up some dead bodies, some matches and marshmallows in case they wanted a campfire, a flashlight in case they wanted to tell any scary stories, and a revolver in case any of them was secretly a werewolf.

"Are you sure we need to bring this gun? I don't think any of us are werewolves," said spitllama.

"Of course I'm sure," BlackDragonSlayer explained for the 20th time, voice full of exasperation. "What is with you people? It's a full moon!"

"But they're not even real..."

"Look, spit, it's just a precaution. I promise I won't shoot either of you if you don't start turning into animals or something. Plus it's always possible that there could be other werewolves there, those dudes love camping in graveyards."

JDMEK5 didn't really see the point of taking a side in the argument. He'd seen his fair share of bloodthirsty maneating monsters, but he really didn't think it would be an issue. "Alright, let's go."

It was a quick 11 hour hike to the graveyard, and by the time they arrived, the moon was shining bright in the pitch-black sky. "Well," spitllama began, "I guess none of us are werewolves then."

"What are you talking about! Don't you know the first thing about werewolves?" BlackDragonSlayer shouted back, waving the gun around like a crazy person. "They transform when they want to transform. Like if they want to eat someone, or do something kinky or whatever."

BlackDragonSlayer's yells echoed through the graveyard, and suddenly JDMEK5 began to feel like they weren't alone. That's because they weren't alone, and there were actually five other people camping in the graveyard!

Completely independently, and extremely conveniently for this story, The_Subjective_Thought, Mashi, Dude, Kman96 and fank009 had also decided that it was the perfect night for graveyard camping. They had brought an axe, some graham crackers and chocolate, a defibrillator, and 3 hammocks. They would have brought more, but Mashi and Dude are a couple so they can share, and fank009 is crazy and part squirrel so he sleeps in trees.

JDMEK5, who happened to be friends with everyone in both groups, introduced everyone. Soon they were all best friends. The night was still young, but to him it looked like this was shaping up to be the best graveyard camping trip ever...

...as long as nobody was brutally murdered in the night, that is.
[close]

mikey

So I'm definitely in it this time  :D
Not much happens during Night Phase 1, does it...
unmotivated

Kman96

Weeeee my first night phase in over a year, I think! Maybe. I'm not sure, I haven't counted in a while.

I'm glad to be back!
Party Hard!
[close]

The_Subjective_Thought

So the wolf assassin has medium powers...

Does that mean he can sacrifice them to bring someone back from the dead?
POKE IT WITH A STICK.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on July 10, 2013, 07:30:11 PM
descendite monte vos quidquid plantavi te et propter Deum ante vos satus puto scribere!

vermilionvermin

QuoteCan freely communicate with dead players.

Did your role PM phrase this portion of the role list differently?

The_Subjective_Thought

Are we doing this already?

Goody.

What I'm referring to is that under the Wolf Assassain role it states he "has medium powers."

The powers of the medium include the sacrificing for communication thing. I misphrased it in my first post.
POKE IT WITH A STICK.
descendite monte vos quidquid plantavi te et propter Deum ante vos satus puto scribere!

The_Subjective_Thought

Sorry I've screwed up again. The place where it states he has medium powers is the changes from sign ups.

POKE IT WITH A STICK.

vermilionvermin

I'm looking at the Sign-ups and it doesn't say that.  It doesn't mention the Medium powers at all and hasn't been edited since before this thread went up.

The_Subjective_Thought

Changes from the sign ups section in this thread.
POKE IT WITH A STICK.

fank009

Quote from: vermilionvermin on January 08, 2014, 02:37:02 AMI'm looking at the Sign-ups and it doesn't say that.  It doesn't mention the Medium powers at all and hasn't been edited since before this thread went up.
Vermilion is denying the truth... must be a woof :P
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

Bird

Quote from: vermilionvermin on January 08, 2014, 02:16:49 AMDid your role PM phrase this portion of the role list differently?

Quote from: The_Subjective_Thought on January 07, 2014, 09:14:12 PMDoes that mean he can sacrifice them to bring someone back from the dead?

See:

Quote from: Bird on January 07, 2014, 05:31:59 PMIf you have any questions about the game, please send me a PM rather than posting them in the thread, and then I will relay any clarifications that must be made to the thread.

Assuming those questions were directed at me, of course. As for actual responses:

- A number of changes were made to the roles and mechanics between the sign-up thread and this one. All of them can be found in the "Changes from the sign-up thread" subsection of the "Other Important Information" section of the original post of this thread (as The_Subjective_Thought mentioned). None of them are that significant besides the Assassin receiving medium powers which could very easily backfire anyway!
- No. I should have been more specific. He has a more limited version of the actual Medium's powers, where he can freely communicate with dead players, but cannot impart on them the ability to speak to the thread.

mikey

Quote from: vermilionvermin on January 08, 2014, 02:16:49 AMDid your role PM phrase this portion of the role list differently?
This immediately strikes me as odd...  Does anyone experienced think so?
unmotivated

Mashi

verm verm, we're not allowed to discuss Role PM information, Mister!!!

Also, while we're on the topic, I am the Wolf Assassin, the other two Wolves should claim to me so we can do stuff and then win!!!

Greg

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 08, 2014, 05:25:50 AMThis immediately strikes me as odd...  Does anyone experienced think so?
Not really. I think Verm's wrong, though. It's a fairly reasonable question to ask, and I think that if TST really were that role he would have PM'ed Bird about it. Then again, reverse psychology.

Anyway, we need to decide what to do about the Megakillers. I was thinking about having one claim but it's really easy for one of the wolves to false claim a Megakiller and I'm not sure how to get around that.