News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

Dangan Ronpa Discussion

Started by Yugi, November 21, 2013, 12:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yugi

Ok, I know we've got a pretty sizable DR fandom on NSM but no topic for it.  This is unacceptable.

Since the Super Dangan Ronpa 2 LP is ongoing, this gives us a place to discuss and theorize about at, as well as gush over our favorite characters and such (I like Komaeda and Fujisaki).

If you haven't read through Dangan Ronpa, the complete LP can be found here.  The mirror of the Super Dangan Ronpa 2 LP can be found here because fuck the SA paywall.  Since Oren is Super High School Level Slow, you can finish SDR2 by using this LP that's up through chapter 3 and this one that started with chapter 4 and is finished.

Also you can find Dangan Ronpa IF here

Also, this should probably go instead, but PLEASE PUT ANYTHING ON MURDERS/EXECUTIONS/PLOT TWISTS IN SPOILERS PLEASE.

Nebbles

I DIDN'T SEE THIS TOPIC BEFORE WHY

I need more Dangan Ronpa fans to talk to, oh man.

Have you finished both games?
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Yugi

I'm up to the chapter 3 pre investigation thing in the second game.

Nebbles

Ahh, I finished SDR2 over the summer. You're gonna love the plot twist, I think.

Yugi

I'm probably going to wait for orenronen to do the chapter 3 translation, because the guy who did the chapter 3 translation did an utterly horrible job on the chapter 2 trial
Spoiler
PEKO TALKS ABOUT JUSTICE BLAH BLAH NOT IMPORTANT
[close]
, and I heard that C3 is the same.

I might do this thing on who I guessed was the culprit and why in each case and seeing wether my guess was right.

Yugi

This pretty much spoils Chapter I of the first game, so don't look
[close]
Togami's voice

Nebbles

Monobear's voice is annoying, but that fits him. I'd need to hear everyone else's, though, so I can get a better opinion oh them...

Yugi

Bubbles

So what do you guys think of the dub voices? I really like them for the most part, even though these are just small snippets and not a good example of the actual voices

SlowPokemon

I like them and I swear to god if people start being pretentious about liking the Japanese game/dub better than the English I'm gonna swat a bitch.

Makes me want to get a PS Vita just to play this game.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bubbles

I've already seen people complain. My favorite was the person who said something along the lines of "Makoto Naegi sounds exactly like your typical boring anime protagonist!" in a complaint. I just. Wow.

And yeah, I was actually thinking that too. I thought the Vita was a console, but now that I see its a handheld I'm seriously considering it

SlowPokemon

The problem is that the 3DS is far and away the best handheld console. The only games I'd even consider getting are Danganronpa and Virtue's Last Reward, which I already have for 3DS. If they make the sequel here or more cool games come out, I might make it my first non-Nintendo console.

Yugi

Quote from: Bubbles on February 08, 2014, 08:58:04 PM"Makoto Naegi sounds exactly like your typical boring anime protagonist!"
but

naegi pretty much is a generic main character what were you expecting

Also, Vita actually has some good stuff on it now, so if you want to get a Vita for this game, you should!

EDIT:
Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 08, 2014, 09:04:47 PMThe problem is that the 3DS is far and away the best handheld console. The only games I'd even consider getting are Danganronpa and Virtue's Last Reward, which I already have for 3DS. If they make the sequel here or more cool games come out, I might make it my first non-Nintendo console.

- Gravity Rush
- Fighting Game that I can't remember (I played it and other than the physics system, it's completly different to Smash Bros!)
- Persona 4 Golden
- Dangan Ronpa
- Hopefully Super Dangan Ronpa 2 if the first game gets enough support
- Final Fantasy X
- Any game that was on the PSP as it's backwards compatible.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Yugi on February 08, 2014, 09:07:32 PM- Persona 4 Golden
- Dangan Ronpa
- Hopefully Super Dangan Ronpa 2 if the first game gets enough support
- Final Fantasy X

Forgot about Persona, and I'd try Final Fantasy X. Didn't see anything else I was interested in though

Bubbles

I always thought that that was the entire part of Makoto: He's an average high schooler placed in the middle of a bunch of "super" ones. And I thought that SDR2 was being bundled with the original? Like once you beat the first game the second is unlocked or something. I could be wrong. Other than that, none of those games seem too appealing to me.

Now that I checked the price, assuming that the prices stay the same, I'll need ~$230 to get the handheld and the game. Ehh I'll just borrow it from a friend or something