News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

When I was a kid...

Started by Kman96, October 12, 2013, 08:51:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kman96

Post some crazy things or silly misconceptions you had or did as a kid!!

For example,

When I was a kid, I thought Austria was an abbreviation of Australia. I clearly remember myself cheering "Go Austria!! Go Austria!!" When I really meant Australia.
Party Hard!
[close]

JDMEK5

When I was a toddler I used to go down the stairs backwards on all fours. I'd get to the top of the stairs and bend over and spin around before going down. But then one day I realized I could just slide down like that and it was 10 times faster. So that was my new routine. All the way down the stairs every morning: *thumpthumpthumpthumpthumpthumpthump..* :P
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Bubbles

I did that too, until I realized it caused major rug-burn. Feetie pajamas were the answer to that

Ruto

Quote from: Kman96 on October 12, 2013, 08:51:30 AMWhen I was a kid, I thought Austria was an abbreviation of Australia. I clearly remember myself cheering "Go Austria!! Go Austria!!" When I really meant Australia.

D:<

I'm telling Hansi!

This was from the episode "Bart vs. Australia."

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Sebastian

I used to call lamps ''lumps''.....when I was 1 or 2  ;D

SuperFireKirby

I look back at my childhood and realize I was a really REALLY pessimistic kid.

When I was a kid, my art teacher scared the shit out of me by telling me me need trees to breathe and that THEY'RE ALL GETTING CUT DOWN. So for about 3 months I didn't think I would live past the age of ten because I thought bad people would cut all the trees down first. Thanks a lot, art teacher.

Also, after learning about nazis and the holocaust in school, I was scared that there might be a second holocaust, except in America.

This was all when I was, like, 7.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

mikey

My dad would take me to KFC and I would always get the yummy brown stuff.  My dad said it was mousse.  I thought he meant moose.  :D 
unmotivated

Dragonite

Until somewhere in middle school I though video games mostly consisted of Call of Duty and Madden and the occasional unnamed thing I'd see on someone's Game Boy from time to time (I think now mostly Tetris and Super Mario).