News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

NSM roleplaying group?

Started by Jamaha, October 11, 2013, 03:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamaha

The Gaming board seems to be filled with just video games so far but I guess some tabletop stuff fits here as well.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in putting together a group for a RPG played over the internet? (Using the technology provided by Google Hangouts / Skype and Roll20.)

I was thinking of a game set in the Star Wars universe as 1) it would be familiar to people, 2) I'd kinda like to try sci-fi (or space opera, whatever you consider it) instead of the usual fantasy and 3) there's this recent Star Wars RPG system called Edge of the Empire, which seems rather interesting. It's set during the Original Trilogy, some time after the destruction of the first Death Star. The focus is mostly on the scum and villainy of the universe, the smugglers and the bounty hunters, the Han Solos and the Boba Fetts.

So what exactly am I looking for to make this happen?
  • About four people interested in playing. I'd be the Game Master (GM) so we'd just need more players.
  • Requirements for the players would be a microphone (as voice is preferable to text-only communication) and the ability to play uninterrupted for a couple of hours every once in a while.
  • No RPG knowledge or experience required, learn as we play.
  • Some interest in RPGs would of course be nice. Also a proper attitude. I don't want to see people randomly going around killing things in the game "just because, lol".

Anyone interested?

Yugi

BlackDragonSlayer

I'm interested, but I likely won't have the time to do anything else, unfortunately... D:
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MaestroUGC

I've always wanted to try something like this, but it would just depend on the scheduling because I've got a pretty tight schedule at the moment.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

mikey

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 11, 2013, 05:29:16 PMI'm interested, but I likely won't have the time to do anything else, unfortunately... D:
Same here.  My parents probably wouldn't even let me on the CPU that long if I did have time...
unmotivated

MaestroUGC

So, uh, was this going to be a thing?

Yugi

I should note that I am able to RP for a few hours at a time, but not while using a microphone.

Jamaha

Well, it could be. But judging by the responses I wasn't exactly too optimistic.

Olimar12345

I never noticed this topic. If this becomes a thing, I'd like to give it a try.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

I'm still interested, so if this does happen I'm good to go.

Jamaha

Oh, okay. Guess we can try to make this work then.

What time zones are you guys in and when would you generally be available to play? Other people who'd like to join can answer too.

Yugi

Australian EST (UST +10)

Monday, Wendsday, Thursday from 3-7 PM

Saturday/Sunday 10-7 AM/PM

MaestroUGC

Central Time CST (UTC -6)

I'm generally free Mondays after 10am and Saturdays all day.

Olimar12345

I'm in the same time zone as maestro, and my best available times are Tuesdays(after 3) and Saturdays.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Winter

Pacific time after 10PM for before 4PM. Monday-Thursday

Free all day Fri-Sat-Sun

Sounds very interesting, and I have a mic!