News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

Humble bundle

Started by ALPRAS, August 21, 2013, 01:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamaha

While they added the $1 minimum because the Steam keys required it, don't you even dare complain about the price.

I still think that paying only $1 for the bundles is just plain rude. Of course, it's pay-what-you-want, but still.

ALPRAS

Quote from: Jamaha on August 24, 2013, 12:00:59 AMWhile they added the $1 minimum because the Steam keys required it, don't you even dare complain about the price.

I still think that paying only $1 for the bundles is just plain rude. Of course, it's pay-what-you-want, but still.

If you think that way, yeah, it's plain rude. But then think about the people that buy the game. Most of them don't give 1$, they give 5$ to earn the bonus games. And they aren't just a hundred. They are millions.
Only with this Origin bundle, they already earned almost 9M$, which is a huge amount... So, maybe is not that "plain rude" :)

MasterProX

Quote from: MasterProX on August 23, 2013, 04:28:18 PMBut now the minimum is $1... that's a little high, don't you think? :P

I don't think anyone got my sarcasm.

Yugi

The Humble Weekly Sale (Paradox Interactive)
-Europa Universalis III Complete
-War of the Roses: Kingmaker
-Warlock: Master of the Arcane
-Leviathan: Warships
-Dungeonland
-The Showdown Effect

Extras:
-Crusader Kings II
-Magicka

With the soundtracks for all.

Worth it.

ALPRAS

I was about to post that :)

Yeah, kinda worth it, but mostly for strategy games gamers. I bought it because of the War of the Roses, seemed very cool (PS: after buying the package, I saw that my PC couldn't run the game -.-')

About the Extra, the game Magicka looks incredibly good, and I would give the 6$, but I can't spend 5$ every week :( But I'll forward for it :)

Btw, you forgot to mention, if you pay 125$ you get 48 Paradox games and their Soundtracks!

About the Humble Comedy Bundle, well, it's not about games, so I'll not post it here lol

ALPRAS

The Humble Weekly Sale: -Arcen games
-Al War: Fleet command + 5 DLC packs
-A Valley without Wind
-A Valley without Wind 2
-Tidalis

Extras:
-Shattered Haven
-Skyward Collapse + Nihon no mura DLC

Well, another week with a... weak week sale, in my opinion. All of them, except for one, are strategy games, with ugly graphics and confusing gameplay...

For me, it doesnt worth the money.

Zunawe

Just so you know, this is helpful, so thank you.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

ALPRAS

Well, I'm glad to hear that! :)

God, I hope you're not being sarcastic...

ALPRAS

The Humble Indie Bundle 9:
-Trine 2: Complete Story (Trine 2 + DLC)
-Mark of the Ninja
-Eets Munchies (Beta)
-Brütal Legend

Extras:
-FTL: Faster than Light
-Fez

Added later:
-Limbo
-A Virus named Tom
-Bastion
-Rocketbirds: hardboiled chickens

Classification: 8/10

This bundle is a really nice one, every game is wonderful. Trine 2 is one of my favorite adventure and platform games of all time, fantastic gameplay and physics, amazing and colorful graphics, a great game. Never played Mark of the Ninja but it's very known for its great quality. Also, never played Eets Munchies, so I really can't talk about it... Brütal Legend is a great adventure game (not very indie...) that mixes the adventure type of game with heavy metal. Lots of heavy metal, adventure and sense of humor, really worth the play.
About the extras (4,80$ right now), Fez doesn't need presentations. It's already a classic of platform games that mixes 2D with 3D, made by Phil Fish (Now known as a childish kiddo) that really worth trying. Never played Faster than Light, but it seems good...

Well, to finish, yes, this bundle worth the money, at least the 1$ bundle. The extra games are worth paying if you really want to play them!

ALPRAS

The Humble weekly sale: Retro Shooter
-Serious Sam: The First Encounter
-Serious Sam: The second Encounter
-Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
-Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition

Extras:
-Hard Reset: Extended Edition (+ Soundtrack)
-System Shock 2 (+ Soundtrack)

Classification (for those who didn't bought the Serious Sam bundle): 8/10
Classification (for those who bought Serious Sam Bundle ): 6/10

A nice and interesting offer in this bundle. All this games are remarkable classics in FPS history, and all of them are worth trying. I just don't give more score to this bundle because both Serious Sam were already available in another Weekly bundle (The Serious Sam bundle that included every Serious Sam game), and because you need to pay 6$ to get the extras (well, it's high, considering the normal prices). The Serious Sam games are outstanding games, you really don't need a brain to play it, just kill everything that moves. Also, Sam Stone's (the main character) grotesque humor is fantastic, you'll have plenty of fun with this game. Duke Nukem 3D... Do I really need to talk about this one? Now, Shadow Warrior is like a "spiritual" sequel to Duke Nukem 3D, both made by 3D Realms, so both games are really close to each other, except that Shadow Warrior is even more violent and "Gory" than Duke Nukem 3D.
Hard Reset... Ok, I never heard of this game, but from that I saw from the videos, looks pretty amazing! What I really don't know is why is the game in this pack, since this game came in 2011, so... Is not Retro at all. Still, looks pretty nice, very colorful weapons,a  shooting-everyone-everywhere-all-the-time game, etc.
System Shock 2, another classic! This game is the real stuff, it's like Half-Life with RPG elements, the gameplay is outstanding, the graphics are nice (well, the game is old...), a remarkable game that should be played by everyone!

Worth the dollar?: For those who didn't Serious Sam bundle, absolutely. For those who bought it, I don't think so, only if really want to play Duke Nukem 3D and its "sequel".

Extra worth the money?: Absolutely, even for 6$. Two great games for a cheap price!

Zunawe

I can recommend Mark of the Ninja. It's a great game if you like stealth or perfection runs of games. They recently released a DLC I think that adds a non-lethal takedown if you like the idea of being able to play a good guy as well as a chaotic guy.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

ALPRAS

Quote from: Zunawe on September 12, 2013, 03:47:49 PMI can recommend Mark of the Ninja. It's a great game if you like stealth or perfection runs of games. They recently released a DLC I think that adds a non-lethal takedown if you like the idea of being able to play a good guy as well as a chaotic guy.

Yeah, never played it, but it seems quite good, very simple but at the same time very hard to domain perfectly! Since I bought this bundle, I'll play it right after I finish Trine 2 (man, I love this game so much...)

ALPRAS

The Humble weekly sale: Geosoft
-X: Beyond the frontier
-X- Tension
-X2: The Threat
-X3: Reunion + Bonus package

Extras:
-X3: Terran conflict
-X3: Albion Prelude
-X: Superbox bonus material

Classification: 8/10

Well, I'm not a great fan of this kind of games (space simulators), but I'm 100% positive that the fans will love it. Also, for those who doesn't know the genre and want to try, this is the perfect opportunity! Having all X game collection is a wonderful addition to anyone's collection.
I think it does worth the money, and if you like the genre, you should also buy the extras!

ALPRAS

The Humble mobile 2 bundle 2 (Android only)

-Star Command
-Time Surfer
-Punch Quest
-Bloons TD 5

Extras:
-Ravensword:Shadowlands
-Carmageddon

Classification: 7/10

It a good bundle, nothing special, but good, but even better if you buy the extra games. I don't know the "base" game, but the extra ones are great. Ravensword is an awesome game, it's the Elder Scrolls of the Tablets! Graphics are excellent, gameplay too. Sometimes the objectives could be more obvious, the map could be more useful and the enemies are too strong to fight, even in the beginning of the game... Still, this game is a jewel!
Carmagedon. Crazy races, running over people, smashing cars, what else? A port from the Nintendo 64 classic, the game runs very smoothly on Android, but sometimes the controls are awkward. Still, an excellent game for tablet!
It worth the money? For the dollar, yeah, but I can't promise that you'll have fun, but with the extra, prepare for hours and hours (look for the battery!) of pure entertainment!

ALPRAS

The Humble weekly sale: Kalypso Media

-Tropico 3: Steam Special Edition
-Sine Mora
-Skydrift
-Anna: Extended Edition

Extras:
--Tropico 4: Steam Special Edition
-Jagged Alliance: Back in action

Classification: 8.5/10

Review: An excellent bundle, because it have games for every tastes! Tropico is a very funny and well humored "Sim" serie, where take on responsibility as El Presidente (a dictator), and you need to build your island, create economy, pay attention to you people, and also avoid (or getting into) wars, etc. If you like Tropico 3, you should also buy the extra, that comes with Tropico 4!
If you don't like simulators, then you must like Sine Mora! Sine Mora is a 2.5D (side-scroll) shoot'em up, where you control a plane and destroy everything in your path. Your screen will be fulfilled with colors and explosions everywhere, like old times Arcade machines!
Like planes, but you prefer races? Then you will like Skydrift! It's like the Mario Kart of the sky, a very funny, challenging, very fast-paced and colorful game, where you need to fly a plane, use power-ups to gain advantage, etc.
BUT, if you're more into games like Amnesia, then you must like Anna: Extended edition! I never played the game, but from what I saw and from what I heard, this game really looks like Amnesia, so it must be good!
Now, about Jagged Alliance... Remember the old ones? Yeah, those were really cool.. Unfortunately, this one isn't even get close to them, this one is very frustrating and the gameplay very old.

Does it worth?:Now, the "base" worth completely the money, but the extra... Well, to start, it costs 6$, which may be expensive, considering the normal prices of the "average price". Then, you have Jagged Alliance, a game made only for the fans, and even for them the game isn't that good. It only worth the price, if you like Tropico very much and you want Tropico 4 badly, then go ahead, otherwise, don't buy it...