News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Humble bundle

Started by ALPRAS, August 21, 2013, 01:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALPRAS

For those who doesn't know, Humble Bundle is a website that sells videogame bundles for the price you want to give, starting with 1$. All the money you give goes to charity, the game developers (usually, the bundles consists in various games from the same company) or the site itself.

In this topic, we'll discuss the bundles that worth the money or not.

Here's the link for the website

Dude

iirc, you're not supposed to advertise other sites on the forums.

or at least that rule was here at some point.

Sebastian

Quote from: Dude on August 21, 2013, 01:26:54 PMiirc, you're not supposed to advertise other sites on the forums.

or at least that rule was here at some point.
why?

SlowPokemon

My friend just bought a bunch of games there.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Zunawe

Currently you can get a ton of highly rated EA games for about $5. I wouldn't make this a promotion thread for the site though. Maybe a place to mention a really good deal going on. There's a fine line between promoting and advertising, and it's probably better to avoid either altogether.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

ALPRAS

I don't intend to promote the site, all I want is to make known a great deal for you guys, if you're interested in games...
It's not advertisement, it's just, well, promoting something good for you, if you are interested in games...

K-NiGhT

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

ALPRAS

Quote from: K-NiGhT on August 21, 2013, 02:58:12 PMso, advertisement

Ok, yeah. But not annoying advertisement... I think...

Zunawe

It'd just be better to have a link to the site, a short description, and then maybe an update about what games are currently being featured and the general average paying price. Then the thread could be to discuss whether or not the bundle is worth getting, or who is getting it for the option of multiplayer.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

ALPRAS

This week's bundle:

The Humble "Origin" Bundle:

-Dead Space
-Dead Space 3
-Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
-Crysis 2: Maximum Edition
-Mirror's Edge
-Medal of Honor (2010)

Extras:
-The Sims 3 Starter pack (The Sims 3 + 2 expansions)
-Battlefield 3
-Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising
-Populous

The Humble Weekly Sale (PewDiePie)
-Botanicula
-McPixel
-Thomas was alone
-The showdown effect

Extras:
-Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Well, I never liked Origin, but I think this bundle is the best they ever offered and really worths buying. All the games offered are amazing and they really don't need introduction. But like I said, you need Origin to enjoy them all (for those who doesn't know, Origin is like Steam, but only for EA games). They also give you the Steam codes for almost them, except Battlefield 3, Dead Space 3 and The Sims 3 (something wrong with the number 3?).

About the PewDiePie sale, I didn't bought it, I really don't appreciate those games, except Amesia which is very cool, but I don't think it worths my money...

Yugi

How much is the Pewdiepie sale, (even though I don't like the LPer), some of the games look really good.

Concerto No.20 in D minor

Heh, I already own all of these games.  Except Sims.  Also, because this money goes completely to charity, I think it's okay to let the rule slide this time.  So people, donate to charity!

KefkaticFanatic

Nah this topic is fine.  It's a standard game dealz dealio.  One that is commonly shared across many spaces...

me irl
[close]

ALPRAS

Quote from: Yugi on August 21, 2013, 05:06:14 PMHow much is the Pewdiepie sale, (even though I don't like the LPer), some of the games look really good.

Its always minimum 1$ :) but if you want Amnesia, you need to give at least the average, which is 2.50$ I think...

EDIT: Just to inform that 2 more games were added to the Humble "Origin" Bundle:

- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising (Steam and Oring Key)
- Populous
(Only Origin key)

MasterProX

Heh, I still remember when I got Amnesia: TDD and a couple other games from the Humble Indie Bundle... for a penny. But now the minimum is $1... that's a little high, don't you think? :P