News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

Pokémon - The Origin

Started by CLBGM, August 16, 2013, 09:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

Quote from: Jompa on October 05, 2013, 05:57:56 PMwhen I was watching ep 2 they were horrible - sometimes, they even turned spanish..
Only for one line of Green's. But I understand/read spanish so it didn't slow me down one bit. Took it right in stride. :P
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

FierceDeity

No but seriously I can understand general translation errors but how can you accidentally write something in the wrong language?
EDIT: I think my favorite mistranslation is "Professor Orchid".

Also, this isn't REALLY a spoiler, but just to be safe, if you don't want to see a frame from episode 4, don't open this.

Spoiler

Jompa

Quote from: JDMEK5 on October 05, 2013, 08:50:28 PMOnly for one line of Green's. But I understand/read spanish so it didn't slow me down one bit. Took it right in stride. :P
It happened twice with me - and a couple of times they were using ! or ? they had one upside-down at the beginning of the sentences :P There was also a brief moment some notes (you know, so that the editors can mark out certain areas) showed up and covered the screen, that they'd forgotten to remove.
Quote from: FierceDeity on October 06, 2013, 12:05:43 AMI think my favorite mistranslation is "Professor Orchid".
But "Orchid" is kinda how it is pronounced in Japanese (Okido), so it's not too strange when the guy translating this only went with the Japanese names, just written in English.
Birdo for Smash

GaryOak

This was a fun watch, kinda nostalgic. I almost want to look for my Gameboy and play Blue again.

Spoiler
Red got all the badges and caught all the known pokemons in four episodes.
So, Ash, what have you achieved in 700+ episodes?
[close]
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

FierceDeity

Quote from: Jompa on October 06, 2013, 02:05:36 AMBut "Orchid" is kinda how it is pronounced in Japanese (Okido), so it's not too strange when the guy translating this only went with the Japanese names, just written in English.
Yeah, I know, it's just that I found it funny that his name went from big tree to small flowering plant :P

SlowPokemon

Actually, it went from small flowering plant to big tree, since in the original Japanese his name is Dr. Orchid, just as Jompa said
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Roz~

Eh I kinda forgot about this, but then I remembered that I downloaded the 4 episodes last week and I finally got around to watch them.
It was just so good. Who the fuck said "Yeah 4 episodes is enough." This should've been a series, not just a 2 hours special.
Also I never had any problems with the subs (no Spanish subs), and I think it's cool they kept the Japanese names instead of translating them.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Nebbles

I agree, Origins should have been a full blown series. It's everything I need in a proper Pokemon anime.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

spitllama

Origins is more realistic, less corny, and more true to the games than the TV show is. Overall I call it a win.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Nebbles

And there are no cheap wins. Red won his first gym battle fair and square, unlike Ash's stupid abuse of a goddamn sprinkler system.

K-NiGhT

I just watched the whole thing.

HOLY SHIT
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Waddle Bro

I STILL NEED TO SEE THIS ;_;

Nebbles

Quote from: Clanker37 on October 07, 2013, 09:30:46 PMAIM FOR THE HORN.

Man, I could write an essay on how problematic I find the anime.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Waddle Bro on October 07, 2013, 09:51:19 PMI STILL NEED TO SEE THIS ;_;
It's on youtube

Quote from: Nebbles on October 07, 2013, 09:58:44 PMMan, I could write an essay on how problematic I find the anime.
do it do it do it
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*