News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros Fisticuffs for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Started by Yugi, July 13, 2013, 09:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What newcomer do you want to see as DLC?

King K. Rool
Snake
Geno
Shovel Knight
Banjo
Professor Layton ahahaha if he gets picked i'd be surprised
someone else i'm forgetting

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Dudeman on July 14, 2013, 12:39:05 PMI wouldn't be so sure. Brawl had 12 newcomers, not including the guest characters. I think we'll be seeing at least a couple more this time.
That may be, but we also have to remember that there are some space limitations, considering they're putting it on a handheld. The rosters will also probably have to be similar, since they've hinted at cross-platform connectivity.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Echo

Space shouldn't be an issue, since Brawl was like 8GB, but almost half of that was from the cutscenes in the SSE. 3DS game cards can hold up to 8GB, and it's been said that there won't be as many grand cutscenes this time, so the limitation wouldn't be due to a lack of space.

The rosters were confirmed to be the same too btw.

As for Layton... I don't really expect him. Like, I'm sure they could come up with moves if they wanted to, but isn't he third-party? Sakurai said that Mega Man was a special case, so we shouldn't expect too many more. I think you mentioned GameFreak, but Nintendo owns Pokemon too, and Game Freak develops exclusively for Nintendo, so I think it's a different case.

Quote from: K-NiGhT on July 14, 2013, 12:03:40 PMI just hope they still have Fire Emblem characters.

That's all I'm waiting to hear on, since I already got Mega Man. Marth's all I need now.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Echo on July 14, 2013, 01:05:39 PMThat's all I'm waiting to hear on, since I already got Mega Man. Marth's all I need now.
BRING BACK ROY
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

SlowPokemon

Quote from: K-NiGhT on July 14, 2013, 12:30:07 PMAs cool as Layton would be, I don't think it's extremely likely. Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE seeing the professor in the game, but I think the three newcomers revealed at E3 may be all we're getting.

I agree with this. I don't foresee any more new characters.

Also Layton is first party, Echo.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

Quote from: K-NiGhT on July 14, 2013, 12:42:17 PMThe rosters will also probably have to be similar, since they've hinted at cross-platform connectivity.

Last time I checked, they confirmed there would be no cross-platform connectivity.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

^yeah they're confirmed to have different stages too.

Echo

Quote from: K-NiGhT on July 14, 2013, 01:07:33 PMBRING BACK ROY

I'd only want Roy back if he's de-cloned. He has a sword that shoots out fire, so let us shoot fire! >_>

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 14, 2013, 02:16:39 PMAlso Layton is first party, Echo.

It is...?

Scroll down to the bottom here:
http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/creators.html

Also this:
http://www.niwanetwork.org/forums/index.php?topic=642.0

And this:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-/64141229

Basically, Google's been telling me that Layton's third-party, considering those games are developed by Level-5.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on July 14, 2013, 02:52:43 PMLast time I checked, they confirmed there would be no cross-platform connectivity.

You can't battle between systems, but there's supposed to be some other feature involving connection between the two games.

SlowPokemon

No, it's a "second party game" but those don't technically exist. It's developed by Level-5, published as a first party Nintendo game, just like Pokemon. (Saying Pokemon is a third party game is also incorrect)

Echo

The second link I posted mentions that Nintendo doesn't publish it in Japan, and Nintendo only publishes Layton internationally to help out Level-5. From what I understand, Pokemon's jointly owned by Nintendo and Game Freak, which is different from Layton's situation.

That's just what I'm getting from the internet though. I don't really know the exact details, but that's what the sources I've read have said. If you have a different source then I'd like to see it, just because just about every search result I've found says that it's third party. >_>

SlowPokemon

I don't know about Japan... I'm going by USA, and it is published as a first party game in the USA. Here's one way to determine it:

You can tell if a 3DS game is first-party by looking at the spine. If it has the Nintendo logo at the bottom of the spine of the case, then it's first party. If it doesn't, then it isn't. For instance, games such as Super Mario 3D Land and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon have the logo, while games such as Resident Evil: Revelations and Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance do not. In the case of Pokemon and Layton, the Nintendo logo is indeed on the spine at the bottom, but just above that is the Level-5 logo (for Professor Layton) and the Game Freak logo (Pokemon).

Echo

Ah, I see what you mean. But like I said, Layton's not first party, it's just that they get Nintendo to localize and publish it internationally. Like the Iwata Asks link I posted, it has Layton alongside those other third party titles you mentioned, like KH3D and Resident Evil.

I looked up the boxart for Miracle Mask:
North American:
http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/box/7/8/4/997784_171952_front.jpg

European:
http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/box/7/8/4/997784_203284_front.jpg

Japanese:
http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/box/7/8/4/997784_172154_front.jpg

If you look at the bottom right corner of those pictures, you'll see the Nintendo logo on the North American and European ones, but not on the Japanese one. And obviously the Japanese release is what matters most for determining whether the title's a third-party one or not.

MaestroUGC

I like how only one character was confirmed and people start panicking about potential cuts/uninclusions from the roster.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Jamaha

Especially when said character already appeared in Brawl and is a part of a franchise with a new game coming out soon.

There's also no way we'd get only three newcomers.

DonValentino

Quote from: K-NiGhT on July 14, 2013, 01:07:33 PMBRING BACK ROY

They're likely going to put Chrom instead.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 14, 2013, 02:54:35 PM^yeah they're confirmed to have different stages too.

Yeah... This SSB gets better and better... >.>

Well, at least Olimar is confirmed. I was afraid they would remove him. :D