News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

/old stuff/

Started by InsigTurtle, July 12, 2013, 04:13:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsigTurtle

Pokémon Black/White
Battle! N - (MID) (MUS) (PDF)

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky
Northern Desert - (MID) (MUS) (PDF)
Mt. Horn - (MID) (MUS) (PDF)
Defend Globe - (MID) (MUS) (PDF)
Crystal Crossing - (MID) (MUS) (PDF)
Concealed Ruins - (MID) (MUS) (PDF)
Sealed Ruin Pit - (MID) (MUS) (PDF)
Defend Globe (Ending) (Two Pianos) - (MID) (MUS) (PDF)
Sky Peak Final Peak - (MID) (MUS) (PDF)
Dark Wasteland - (MID) (MUS) (PDF)

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
Desperation (Light Arrangement) - (MID) (MUS) (PDF)
Desperation (Super Light Arrangement) - (MID) (MUS) (PDF)
Daybreak Ridge - (MID) (MUS) (PDF)

Kirby's Return to Dream Land
Icy Cavern - (MID) (MUS) (PDF)
Egg Engines - (MID) (MUS) (PDF)

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice for All
Reminiscence ~ The Fire Carves Scars - (MID) (MUS) (PDF)

Please provide any tips/suggestions so I can improve the quality of my work.

Jompa

Your arrangements are awesome!
Cumbersome Guys is in C minor, but other than that these arrangements are very very good!
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Hi there and welcome to NSM!

Actually, I did Cumbersome Guys and Monkey's Love Song long time ago, but I removed all my old arrangements to fix them. But very nice work with those! Your version of Monkey's Love Song has some mistakes though. Instead of writing everything here, here's my version so you can check for yourself. Correct specially the wrong notes, they don't sound very good.  :)

And very good job with Defend Globe too! :D

Waddle Bro

ADFGH;

It really is great to see people who arrange PMD(or Pokemon in general).

Since I'm a such a busy/lazy bastard, I only took a quick look at the "Defend Globe". The one thing that I noticed was that you put Junichi Masuda as the composer of the song. The composers who worked on PMD: EoS were Arata Iiyoshi, Hideki Sakamoto, Keisuke Ito, Ryoma Nakamura and Kenichi Saito. I'm not sure who of them were exactly working on this song.
SlowPokemon, dahling, since you know like everything about soundtracks, if you could help me out here a bit, that would be appreciated.

InsigTurtle

Thanks for the input, guys. But I'm wondering about my Northern Desert arrangement now, in the measures 10 and 30. Both of them sound 'off' to me because of the second voice. Is there any way I can remedy this?

Jompa

Those second voices really clash with the melody a bit too much in my opinion. I'd remove them from those specific measures - at least where the clashing is worst.
Birdo for Smash

InsigTurtle

I was thinking about doing that, but I thought it might be weird for the second voice to just disappear...

Also, are there any other measures where the voices clash more noticeably? The two I mentioned were the two most noticeable one.

EDIT: I changed it slightly, to make measure 30 sound slightly better.

FSM-Reapr

InsigTurtle

This one took me a long time to figure out the bass notes. Then I accidentally turned the playback speed up by 100% and even though it gave me one of the worst headaches I've had in a while, I could actually discern the lower notes. I also had to do a bit of transposition (by octaves) to make all the parts in the song work. All in all, this was a nightmare. And it's even more of a nightmare to play it.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Gates to Infinity - "A Friend's Decision"
(MID) (MUS) (PDF)

Brassman388

It's a pretty good and accurate arrangement.

You know you have a problem with the bass notes so I won't even touch on that.

Secondly, when you have a key change, you want to always put a double bar at the change. I usually don't even put key changes anymore especially if it's only for like, four bars or so. And, especially since it's going back to the first key anyways. It's get kinda confusing for the player to read at times. Not all the times, but most of the time.

Other than that, I think it's a very fine arrangement. Keep it up, man.

InsigTurtle

Yay. First arrangement of this month. Meant to do something last month, but it slipped by me. Anyways.

[NDS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity - Desperation (Light Arrangement)
(MID) (MUS) (PDF)

I made this and this post while sleep deprived... but I'm pretty sure it's up to par. My typing, however...

Jompa

The only thing I want to say is that I wouldn't include "3" and "4" in the repeat houses - I'd just write "D.S. al fine con rep" at the end, and assign the "segno" at the first measure, after the up-beat.
That's what I would've done anyway

(Other than that) it's good!
Birdo for Smash

Kimmel

Quote from: rosabellis on September 01, 2013, 03:17:40 AM[NDS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity - Desperation (Light Arrangement)

1) I think it is better using a bass clef (left hand) in measure 11 - 21/22

2) You've changed the key quite often. You started with 3 b's, that suggest Eb or C as the keytone. It's just a feeling, but isn't the keytone F (at the beginning)? That would mean 4 b's.

3) It's my first time seeing a legato over rests. How do you play that?

4) Maybe it's just me, but the links in your start post aren't working :(
Sorry for my English ^.^

InsigTurtle

Quote from: Kimmel on September 01, 2013, 08:52:31 AM1) I think it is better using a bass clef (left hand) in measure 11 - 21/22
Will do.

Quote2) You've changed the key quite often. You started with 3 b's, that suggest Eb or C as the keytone. It's just a feeling, but isn't the keytone F (at the beginning)? That would mean 4 b's.
Eh, because of the D naturals in the first part I was assuming the first part was in F Dorian, which I'd usually notate with only B,E and A flats. I guess I could make the whole thing (or most of it) in F minor...

Quote3) It's my first time seeing a legato over rests. How do you play that?
Those were supposed to be phrase markings... but I guess one could easily assume that without them.

Quote4) Maybe it's just me, but the links in your start post aren't working :(
... that's weird. I'll fix that asap

Quote from: Jompa on September 01, 2013, 04:02:07 AMThe only thing I want to say is that I wouldn't include "3" and "4" in the repeat houses - I'd just write "D.S. al fine con rep" at the end, and assign the "segno" at the first measure, after the up-beat.
That's what I would've done anyway

(Other than that) it's good!
I don't know if I can make that work with the way Finale handles first and second endings. Maybe I could just remove that repeat?

Jompa

Actually, if you do change it, it won't function in the playback unless you use the full Finale version ('cause there you can do magic).
If you care about the playback, you can't do what I said. Though ofc the playback shouldn't matter more than the sheet.
Birdo for Smash