News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Unpopular Opinions!

Started by Yugi, July 03, 2013, 08:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastersuperfan

At least "unironically" is getting used in the correct context.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: mastersuperfan on September 10, 2017, 06:34:18 PMAt least "unironically" is getting used in the correct context.
Technically, the word "literally" now means "figuratively" if used in certain contexts. It's been this way for at least a century, and is no longer considered incorrect. Even some of the most famous authors have use literally to mean figuratively. For example, Charles Dickens. Example. Of course, that's just me being a bit know-it-all, so sorry. I'll just show myself out. Now, of course, I do feel that literally is used too much, but not incorrectly.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

E. Gadd Industries

Literally, Charles Dickens liked to use slang. He literally used it in literally all of his literallyture. Literally.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Trainer Ave

So I learned why people hate Orson Scott Card and won't read his books and I honestly don't care. I don't see why someone would change their opinions of his books based on his opinions of the world.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

SlowPokemon

Yeah, idk. It's the same with composers. People condemn Wagner for being anti-Semitic and Hitler's favorite composer, but does that change the value of his music? Not really, imo. It's a tricky thing.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

Enders game is great and enders shadow is better

I liked these books before I knew card was mormon
unmotivated

Trainer Ave

I absolutely loved enders game (both the book and the movie) but I thought I'd try out Pathfinder next
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Zunawe

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 11, 2017, 07:16:21 AMYeah, idk. It's the same with composers. People condemn Wagner for being anti-Semitic and Hitler's favorite composer, but does that change the value of his music? Not really, imo. It's a tricky thing.
I'd agree that it's valid to separate the art from the artist sometimes, but I think it's important to know where your money goes. Obviously, for Wagner, it's not really an issue anymore, but if you (the general 'you') buy the work of an artist alive now who has ideas you don't agree with or who takes part in events you don't support, you're giving them money that helps enable those actions or give them influence in culture. Some people take it farther and think that even appreciating their work is too much support. It's not that the stuff they make directly or even subtly reflects their world outlook, but that somebody might believe that the artist doesn't deserve their support given some disagreement.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SlowPokemon

There's no right or wrong answer, it just depends on the situation for me.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Trainer Ave

It doesn't really matter to me right now because I'm trying to get all the books from my 2 favorite authors (Cassandra Clare and Rick Riordan)
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Pianist Da Sootopolis

ok but can we all agree the ender's game's movie was kinda shit

what is shitpost

LeviR.star

We watched it during homeroom in 8th grade. I kinda liked it, but I never read the book.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

mikey

unmotivated

Trainer Ave

I loved the movie and that was before I read the book. Harrison Ford's performance in the movie was shit though.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Dekkadeci

Based on other forum posters' reactions whenever leaks happen, I have a feeling this opinion of mine is unpopular:

I love preview/reveal days. The more information is revealed, the happier I get. If enough spoilers are revealed, it's pretty much Christmas in July(/actual month of reveals/leaks) for me. Then my imagination takes over, testing cards/etc., making decks/teams, analyzing how good the new content is, etc. (yeah, some of these are Magic: The Gathering-related).

(Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon leaked today, so I'm swelling with happiness here.)