News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

Unpopular Opinions!

Started by Yugi, July 03, 2013, 08:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviR.star

I can't understand not liking 2, but why is liking 4's soundtrack a bad thing?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Dudeman on August 04, 2017, 02:44:20 PMThe best live-action film of all time is Monty Python and the Holy Grail, this is a factual statement and cannot be argued against
But Meaning of Life is so much better tho

Dudeman

Quote from: LeviR.star on August 04, 2017, 03:07:14 PMI can't understand not liking 2, but why is liking 4's soundtrack a bad thing?
It's just...so...blah. Even the track Minae Fujii composed for MM10 (Desert Commando) is boring.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

LeviR.star

Quote from: Dudeman on August 04, 2017, 03:11:48 PMIt's just...so...blah. Even the track Minae Fujii composed for MM10 (Desert Commando) is boring.

I can see that. But I don't like Mega Man 5's soundtrack as much as the others' because it sounds too goofy and non-motivating most of the time.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dudeman

WHAT NO MM5 IS GREAT
...I mean, I guess most of the tracks aren't as "driving" as some other entries in the series but "goofy"? Come on. MM5's soundtrack is a masterpiece.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

WaluigiTime64

Mega Man 5's soundtrack is great. The compositions are absolutely outstanding, and the chiptuning is on-point.

Also I happen to like Desert Commando and feel mildly offended. Sure it's not as good as the others, but it's still pretty great.

Also there's just a whole bunch about Mega Man 2 that later games did much better and whenever I go back and play the game I don't find it "fun".
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

LeviR.star

Ranking of soundtracks for the first 6 (for me):

1. (Best) 2
2. 6
3. 3
4. 4
5. 1
6. 5

I won't rank all 10 until I finish 7 (stuck on Guts Man G), but 7 and 9 have catchy soundtracks.

EDIT: wait this isn't the ranking topic

WaluigiTime64

how in the heck is 2's above 6, 3 and 5's
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: LeviR.star on August 04, 2017, 03:24:13 PMEDIT: wait this isn't the ranking topic
I tried to control it. I tried to tame it. But in the end, it wasn't enough. :o
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MaestroUGC

Chiming in on a few things I missed earlier:

MK64 is not the best in the series, as Slow said before it's simply outdone by later versions that did what MK64 did but better. That said the 2D Mario Kart Games (SMK and MK:SC) are easily some of the worst racing games I've ever played, while at the time they did what they could on the Super Nintendo, there's just some things parallax scroll can't replicate well versus true 3D: depth perception. That said I think one of the best things MK64 has for it is its course design; there's a reason why nearly every course from the game has been adapted for later installments.

Sunshine is a good game, the reason why it's regarded so poorly is simply because every other 3D Mario game is fantastic. SM64 and Galaxy are often tied for the best in the franchise because of how much they elevated game design in general. Sure, aspects of SM64 are pretty dated, but it's still perfectly playable even by modern standards. To better compare Sunshine consider it Beethoven's 4th Symphony to SM64 being his 3rd, and Galaxy being his 5th.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Maelstrom

Partial voice acting, or a bit of a line read to represent a line of dialogue, or someone speaking, is worse than no voice acting at all. In fact, text based video games are often better off with no voice acting in general. All that effort and money spent on the voice cast should be put into the music and sound design instead. See: Umineko.

Dudeman

Quote from: Maelstrom on August 04, 2017, 05:18:32 PMPartial voice acting, or a bit of a line read to represent a line of dialogue, or someone speaking, is worse than no voice acting at all. In fact, text based video games are often better off with no voice acting in general. All that effort and money spent on the voice cast should be put into the music and sound design instead. See: Umineko.
mega man 8

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on August 04, 2017, 11:25:28 AMSunshine>Galaxy>Galaxy 2>3D World>64>3D Land.

I don't understand why people don't like Sunshine that much. It's probably nostalgia blinding me.
There are no words to describe my happiness for this :')
Although... I'd probz switch Galaxy 2 with 64.

UH
ON-TOPIC
Hmmmmmmm....
Oh! Yeah, I don't get why people think The Breakfast Club is TEH GR8EST MOVIE EVARRRRR. Don't get me wrong, it's GOOD. But there are much better movies, like Interstellar, Shawshank, and Slumdog Millionaire.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

SlowPokemon

I think my favorite movie is still The Nightmare Before Christmas even though it's a hard call. I love all the Ghiblis and Laikas and anything that makes me smile in a "ha! That's clever" way

I guess my unpopular opinion here is that I find Marvel movies and action movies in general unbearably boring
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dude

Printemps is the worst μ's subgroup