News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Unpopular Opinions!

Started by Yugi, July 03, 2013, 08:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 14, 2016, 01:43:53 PMtime travel never makes sense.  Get used to it, cause otherwise it would never be used as a plot device

wait that actually sounds like a good thing

The time travel in Steins;Gate makes sense

But it takes so long to explain the science that idk if it's worth making sense
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Altissimo

the time travel in pmd2 doesnt make any sense but i've resigned myself to the fact that nobody knows how to write time travel and besides it creates a good story for pmd2

mikey

Quote from: braixen1264 on April 14, 2016, 02:10:17 PMyasuo requires skill
see this here is just an opinion of your own skill
if I played yasuo enough maybe I would get to gold too, but between grandparents on Netflix and not wanting to stoop that low...

Quote from: Altissimo on April 14, 2016, 02:31:17 PMthe time travel in pmd2 doesnt make any sense but i've resigned myself to the fact that nobody knows how to write time travel and besides it creates a good story for pmd2
the Artemis Fowl series did time travel really good imo in the 6th book
mostly cause he didn't remember anything you know but still
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Altissimo on April 14, 2016, 09:35:38 AM-gold silver and crystal sucked too
Gen 2 definitely shaped the way for all the other Pokemon games than came after it. Objectively, I think Gen 5 is probably the best generation (factoring in story, gameplay, graphics, etc.), but Gen 2 is still my favorite.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 14, 2016, 01:43:53 PMtime travel never makes sense.  Get used to it, cause otherwise it would never be used as a plot device
The problem is that fiction tends to make time travel way more complicated than it needs to be (of course, we don't really know exactly how time travel would work), what with alternate universes and stuff (and interactions between characters from different timelines/universes... *shudder*). As long as it's simple enough to allow the audience to follow the story easily and maintain their suspension of disbelief, I think it's a fine plot device (which people rarely do; tsk tsk tsk).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nebbles

I think OoT is overrated.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Sebastian

Quote from: Nebbles on April 14, 2016, 06:10:52 PMI think OoT is overrated.
Basically this.
I mean, the music is beautiful, but the game itself is overrated.

Zunawe

Quote from: Altissimo on April 14, 2016, 02:31:17 PMi've resigned myself to the fact that nobody knows how to write time travel
Primer is a movie that does time travel really well by playing with how much we can't predict it. It's also super hard to follow, but it's a great movie.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Trainer Ave

Nebbles and Sebastian have said it perfectly. Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, Majora's Mask, LTTP, and LBW are the best Zelda Games IMO
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Dudeman

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 14, 2016, 02:25:06 PMThe time travel in Steins;Gate makes sense
Slow yes thank you I love Steins;Gate
Quote from: Nebbles on April 14, 2016, 06:10:52 PMI think OoT is overrated.
Having played all the way through for the first time recently (N64 version), I can concur with this. Sure, it helped to revolutionize 3D adventure games and the Zelda series as a whole, but it's not incredibly outstanding.

The dungeons were nearly all great, though. I'll give it that.

ninja'd:
Quote from: Zunawe on April 14, 2016, 06:52:37 PMPrimer is a movie that does time travel really well by playing with how much we can't predict it. It's also super hard to follow, but it's a great movie.
SOMEONE ELSE WATCHED PRIMER HOLY S***
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Trainer Ave

I feel like Ocarina of Time punished the player for exploration. It was like you couldn't do anything but the main story. It really sucked the fun out of playing the game.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Fire Emblem is overrated. Though I can't speak for Awakening.
what is shitpost

Dudeman

I think after 2012, you're not allowed to call FE overrated unless you can speak for Awakening.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

Fire Emblem Awakening is only among the more well regarded entries with the casual public tho, most longtime series fans agree it's not as good as, say, the ones on Wii or GameCube.

Also @Dudeman YES Steins;Gate is so great but I rarely recommend people play it because it's so goddam slow at the beginning and the player has absolutely no idea what's going on so no one ever finishes it (insert old man ranting about how gamers today have no patience or attention span for reading)

Also it's just hella long it took me 60+ hours to beat it
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

The older FE games are the best.

AND I LOVE STEINS;GATE AAAAAAAAAAA
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Dudeman

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 14, 2016, 08:55:35 PMAlso @Dudeman YES Steins;Gate is so great but I rarely recommend people play it because it's so goddam slow at the beginning and the player has absolutely no idea what's going on so no one ever finishes it (insert old man ranting about how gamers today have no patience or attention span for reading)
Better clear things up now and mention that I only watched the anime. I wasn't even aware it was based on a game until after I finished it.

there goes my credibility ;_;