News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

Unpopular Opinions!

Started by Yugi, July 03, 2013, 08:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dude

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on October 13, 2014, 03:33:35 PMNope.
Yeah, you probably wouldn't.

Edit: D: SFK why did you say "no"?? You should have let someone else do it..  Now my comeback makes it seem like everyone who joined after the crash is a dipshit and I didn't want it to mean that you meanie!!!

SuperFireKirby

I'm an old, bitter man so I don't care. Now get off my lawn.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Jub3r7

women are great, feminism is great, but journalism ethics are still important?

am i a misogynist now
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

Old topic wow.

Unpopular opinion: the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games are mediocre at best.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Altissimo

fuck yeah my favorite kind of thread

-super mario 64 is leagues better than super mario galaxy
-pokémon red blue and yellow are terrible fuckin games
-but fireread and leafgreen are worse. they are the worst mainline pokémon games
-gold silver and crystal sucked too
-melee is better than brawl (possibly unpopular?)
-kirby super star sucks a million dicks

fite me

Sebastian

Quote from: Altissimo on April 14, 2016, 09:35:38 AM-super mario 64 is leagues better than super mario galaxy
*High fives*

Nitro Indigo

In my opinion...
- The only SNES game I've played so far that I can enjoy is Kirby's Dream Land 3.
- Enter the Dragonfly (everyone's least favourite Spyro game) and Atlantis Squarepantis (everyone's least favourite SpongeBob episode) are mediocre at worst.
- The only genuinely bad video games are ones that weren't playtested properly.
- I don't like N64 Zelda.
- 2003 > Brotherhood
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Altissimo

SlowPokemon

@Alt -- Melee is actually a lot more popular than Brawl and I think Super Mario 64 is like the most acclaimed game ever so those aren't too bad. Also how can you not like 64 better it's aged so well

I agree about RBY being really mediocre compared to modern games, but I really love FRLG and the entire Johto era haha. So I guess that's a differing thing between us there

@Nitro -- I also haven't ever played a great game for SNES. As much as I love Mario, I'm not crazy about Super Mario World. Actually EarthBound is great but I never beat it so I'm not counting that.

also I've never beaten a Zelda game and always found them boring lol

Zeila

Quote from: Altissimo on April 14, 2016, 09:35:38 AM-but fireread and leafgreen are worse. they are the worst mainline pokémon games
Why do you think they are worse than the originals? Jc

Altissimo

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 14, 2016, 09:39:16 AM@Alt -- Melee is actually a lot more popular than Brawl

shows what i know about the smash community lmao

Quoteand I think Super Mario 64 is like the most acclaimed game ever so those aren't too bad. Also how can you not like 64 better it's aged so well

I mean both are true but there are still a shitton of people who say Galaxy is SM64 but better. I'm pretty sure I heard about one review site giving it an 11/10 because they already gave SM64 a 10/10 and SMG was better so they had no choice but to raise it. But personally SM64 is by far the actually better game lol

QuoteI agree about RBY being really mediocre compared to modern games, but I really love FRLG and the entire Johto era haha. So I guess that's a differing thing between us there

dont get me wrong i love playing gsc/hgss i just think they suck lmao

@Zeila: because they did very little to improve on the issues the originals had. The originals were justified in having balance and pacing issues because they were an early experiment, but there is literally no excuse for Psychic still being broken af in the FRLG metagame because they were too much of "remake purists" to allow access to Umbreon or Steelix, or other mons introduced in GSC whose existence is meant to mitigate Psychic's. There is literally no excuse for the grinding before Brock to consist of level 3-5s. There is literally no excuse for the Koga/Sabrina level spike. The addition of Sevii Islands helped mitigate the lack of content between Blaine and Giovanni, but not in an interesting way imo. As a whole the game felt like it was trying too hard to be 100% faithful when what it was being faithful to was a deeply flawed game. I preferred ORAS' outlook, they kind of "reinvented" Hoenn and the Hoenn story rather than "remade" it.

SlowPokemon

Wait why do you think the Johto games suck? I think they're maybe the best showcase of what Pokémon is all about. Objectively, I don't know if I feel that way, but playing Silver is always, always enjoyable, which is more than can be said about, say, Pokémon Diamond and Pearl.

Nitro Indigo

I played EarthBound, but I stopped around the arcade place near the start because a battle background gave me a headache in broad daylight on a matt-screen TV. DX

I also realize that two of my opinions in my previous post kind of contradict each other: I say that a game that doesn't work properly is "mediocre", then say that the only bad games are ones that don't work properly. I honestly can't think of a justification for this, but apparently they fixed Enter the Dragonfly when it was ported to the GameCube...?
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Latios212

I liked the Sinnoh games a lot....
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Nitro Indigo