News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Unpopular Opinions!

Started by Yugi, July 03, 2013, 08:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roz~

^I don't like Apollo that much, I like Phoenix much more. Also I didn't really care for Blackquill, althoughthe new characters gave us an awesome final trial. Tbh I really hope they bring back Maya/Gumshoe/Edgeworth in the next Phoenix Wright game (hopefully we have another one after Dai Gyakuten Saiban) or that they at least translate future Investigation games if they release any.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: blueflower999 on October 08, 2014, 04:25:28 PMDual Destinies should have focused more on Apollo tbh.

I agree actually I really wanted more Apollo than we got. Really it was an Athena Cykes game more than anything imo xD

Quote from: Roz~ on October 08, 2014, 04:32:12 PMI really hope they bring back Maya/Gumshoe/Edgeworth in the next Phoenix Wright game (hopefully we have another one after Dai Gyakuten Saiban) or that they at least translate future Investigation games if they release any.

I think they will because Maya's inclusion in PLVAA has had a lot of really positive response and games with familiar characters sell very well.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bubbles

ive been building these up lol

The SATs weren't hard? I heard horror stories and how adults still remember them but honestly they were just the same as any other standardized test

Long necks aren't pretty on either gender

(probably going to get hate for this but) I love preppy guys or greaser-wannabes

Dudeman

Quote from: Bubbles on October 11, 2014, 10:28:09 PMThe SATs weren't hard? I heard horror stories and how adults still remember them but honestly they were just the same as any other standardized test
Same. Sure, they were long, but sometimes I felt that the questions were almost insultingly easy. And I'm still in the dark about how I didn't get 800 on the math portion...I was certain I got everything right!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Maelstrom

I'm completely dumbfounded when people complain about how hard the math section was. It's so easy, I literally find it relaxing.

mikey

Quote from: maelstrom. on October 12, 2014, 11:52:00 AMI'm completely dumbfounded when people complain about how hard the math section was. It's so easy, I literally find it relaxing.
ok maelstrom
just try to tone it down a tiny bit ok?
unmotivated

FierceDeity

To be fair, it's really not high level math
Even the math 2 subject test was, like, basic precalc

Bubbles

To be even fairer, not everyone is great at math. I understand finding it easy, but being "completely dumbfounded" is either a huge exaggeration or pretty self-centered

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Bubbles on October 12, 2014, 03:03:00 PMTo be even fairer, not everyone is great at math. I understand finding it easy, but being "completely dumbfounded" is either a huge exaggeration or pretty self-centered
*retweet* *favorite* *like*
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dude

I'd mention *+1* but no one cares about google plus.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

mikey

unmotivated

FierceDeity

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 12, 2014, 03:23:54 PM*reblog*

^^most likely scenario

Quote from: Bubbles on October 12, 2014, 03:03:00 PMTo be even fairer, not everyone is great at math. I understand finding it easy, but being "completely dumbfounded" is either a huge exaggeration or pretty self-centered

While maybe he was a bit harsh, it seems silly to criticize somebody for their lack of understanding on something, when that "something" is another person's lack of understanding. I also can't understand why people find certain things so difficult. High school math is literally just memorization of formulas. I accept that people can be bad at it, to the extent that I can accept anything I don't understand. And I do try to be politically correct when talking about it, because what would offending anybody do to augment their ability at math? But this is basically my thinking on the subject (albeit much more researched and coherent). (This SMBC comic articulates it a lot more briefly/humorously, if you're like 99.999% of the world and don't want to read random links I post for the sake of argument.) We tend to accept that if we don't understand something right away, then we must be naturally bad at it, and feel less compelled to try to improve. When I see people do badly at math, I imagine this mindset, and while perhaps this isn't accurate, to me it justifies the "dumbfoundedness" just as much as the idea of "being bad at math" could ever justify actually doing poorly in math.

And the funny thing is, I'm currently defending somebody who doesn't believe in evolution. Am I not the only one who thinks this is ridiculous? Am I not allowed to question this, to be "dumbfounded" by somebody's lack of understanding on a subject that can seem so straightforward? In all of politics, you see people "dumbfounded" by other people's relatively subjective/uncontrollable beliefs and mindsets, and nobody raises a fucking eyebrow. Yet it's somehow just AWFUL to think this way about somebody's understanding of concrete facts? Like, yeah, maybe somebody's understanding of algebra isn't as important to their role in society as is their opinion on social issues such as gay marriage, but that shouldn't be the only qualifier for "dumbfoundedness". And I'm not saying "all people who do poorly at math are idiots who need to put in some fucking effort." I'm just saying, people can't understand math? I can't understand why not. That's just as legitimate of a lack of understanding. And if we need to be politically correct and empathetic about the former lack of understanding, the least we can do is make an attempt for the latter.

Maelstrom

It's just when you find something comes naturally, you keep forgetting it doesn't for others. So each time someone complains about the math, I am dumbfounded because I simply keep forgetting that. And I have a terrible memory. -_-

On a related note, I do know one person who has a good reason for doing badly at math. He has some sort of disorder that makes it harder for him to see patterns and stuff, which makes recognizing what you need for a problem harder, and makes algebra impossible