News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

Unpopular Opinions!

Started by Yugi, July 03, 2013, 08:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

A good team is supposed to help control the counters to sniper, and a good sniper can handle himself vs most of those threats anyway :P (There are quite a few that regular my clan servers that are like quake level godly)

me irl
[close]

mikey

Quote from: Yugi on March 02, 2014, 01:54:04 AM- Sir Thursday is the only good book in Keys to the kingdom.
Excuse me?
Drowned Wednesday was MUCH better.
unmotivated

FierceDeity

Quote from: Yugi on March 02, 2014, 01:54:04 AM- The sniper is easily the worst class in Tf2, as it is impossible to use right, and is too hard countered by Spies, Engies, Scouts & Pyro to be of any use.

Sounds to me like you're just really bad as sniper. Jarate + bushwacka = as long as you're in a space where people will have to confront you close quarters, you will beat them 9 times out of 10. Even with regular loadout, he's still pretty viable. And, like kefka said, the rest of your team should help to control those classes, anyways. I MVP regularly as sniper, so I wouldn't quite call it "impossible to use right"...
Plus, this opinion is extra frustrating to me when considering mann vs machine, seeing as people will literally kick you for going sniper before even seeing you play (when all of the necessary classes are already covered), even though a good sniper will outdps most classes (last mission I played I outdpsed a heavy, an engie, a demo, and a soldier, and we won on advanced difficulty).
tl;dr SNIPER IS GOOD, OK

Quote from: Yugi on March 02, 2014, 01:54:04 AM-Demoman sux

Now that's just plain wrong. Not that this is the only place where it's useful (there's really no place where he isn't), but try playing as him for one match as defense on payload, and if you don't MVP for your team (and there's no other demo on the team), then I really don't know what to tell you.

SuperFireKirby

Sniper is easily my favorite and best class.  And I usually just go regular loadout.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Bubbles

I absolutely love and never want to leave high school

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bubbles on March 07, 2014, 01:23:39 PMI absolutely love and never want to leave high school
Be careful what you wish for... :K
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

DrP

Quote from: Bubbles on March 07, 2014, 01:23:39 PMI absolutely love and never want to leave high school
College is better... seriously.

That's where it is like 100000000000x better

Bubbles

I've had terrible times, and if thats the worst it gets bring it on.

My favorite thing in the entire world is getting to know people (even if they don't get to know me back...heh). I can sit in a room for an entire day without saying anything and just listen to other people's conversations. I'm sure college is more of a fun experience socially, but I enjoy to focus on other people's fun rather than my own. Since college classes aren't all lined up one after the other in a closed campus like high school, I don't think it would have as much general conversation

mikey

liking high school is pretty unpopular xD
unmotivated

MaestroUGC

Actually, because of the breaks between classes College lends itself to far more socialization than High School ever would. Besides homework, there's probably not much else you'd be doing between classes except socializing in one way or another. Or you could just be that weird loner but eventually someone will find you.

They always do.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

FierceDeity

The difference is that socialization is no longer nearly as centered around classes, which is way better imo. I have a few close friends from classes, but for the most part my best friends here are people who I've met through expanding social circles that started my first day here, and the ones I like most are the ones I spend the most time with. You have so much more choice in what you do and who you're with, it's amazing. You can choose to hang out with your hallmates (two of my very best friends live on my floor), or not; you can choose to hang out with your classmates or not; you can choose to hang out with people you met during welcome week (or whatever your school calls it) or not. Parties, concerts, game sessions, general hangouts, whatever you do with these people you decide to hang out with, you'll meet more and more people who are into the same things, and you'll end up finding people you're a lot more compatible with than when most of your friends are made through class out of necessity. I still love a lot of my high school friends, but I've started to realize that some of the people I hung out with were just because we were in the same extracurriculars, same classes, etc. And when I hold them up against the amazing people I've met in college in a fraction of the time, I realize that I was never really compatible with those people in the first place, I was just forced to spend time with them.

TL;DR college is great, get excited

Clanker37

Of course, this is completely different in Australia. If you live in a capital city, you have access to at least one University in your city (My city, Perth, has 5 Universities plus a plethora of TAFE courses). So this means that student needn't move out of their parents house when they attend tertiary education of their choice. Thus, socialization does not come as easy, since they will go to Uni, attend a lecture, then go home. In fact, the only attendance which is mandatory is 'Labs' where a small group of students gather and talk about the subject matter, do experiments and gain further insight. Lecture are recorded then put online, so you can learn naked at home. My sister is in her second year of Neuroscience. She hasn't made one friend from Uni and her friend circle is relatively intact from High School. While there are numerous groups which she can join and meet new people, she simply lacks the effort to do so. Whether this system or the American system is better remains unseen.

Also, I've found that High School improves with age. As I began to pick my own subjects and got to know people better, I discovered a passion for learning. I'm always excited to go to school. Wow I sound pretentious

MaestroUGC

It also the same here for the most part, depending on the school and the teachers, but if you have multiple classes in one day then it's not worth it to run home for 30 minutes only to come back to school. Might as well study at school or hang out with people in your down time.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

mikey

I just realized how weird my education situation is compared to you guys :/
unmotivated

Clanker37

Quote from: MaestroUGC on March 08, 2014, 07:46:30 AMIt also the same here for the most part, depending on the school and the teachers, but if you have multiple classes in one day then it's not worth it to run home for 30 minutes only to come back to school. Might as well study at school or hang out with people in your down time.
Hang on, is this still college?

Anyway, there are only 2 or so lectures/labs on for a student a day here. My sister only has to go in to Uni 3 times a week for her Labs and she can stream all of lectures at home. So she (and many other people) go for their labs and then go home.