Unpopular Opinions!

Started by Yugi, July 03, 2013, 08:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

I feel like the creativity they put into it just wasn't there these rounds.
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 10, 2014, 05:54:30 PMI feel like the creativity they put into it just wasn't there these rounds.

-.-
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

I feel like I'd get lynched for saying that if we knew each other in real life
unmotivated

blueflower999

Pretty much. imo the newer Pokemon >>>>>> the older Pokemon
Bulbear! Blueflower999

MaestroUGC

Pokémon hasn't been creative since Gen I, and I don't even play Pokémon.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

KefkaticFanatic

My thought is that Black/White is a low point and they seem to have much more interesting Pokemon in XY, but eh.  They're all decent enough that I don't care so much as to have a strong opinion.

me irl
[close]

Roz~

As long as I can play competitively I don't really mind. There are cool pokemon designs every gens (Chandelure/Virizion in gen V, Trevenant in gen VI, etc) and the story usually is enjoyable, even if it's not that complex and cheesy most of the time.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

FierceDeity

I thought the high point of gen V was the level of depth that they gave to the antagonists, and I wish they'd continued that in X/Y, but nope. I preferred X/Y for most other aspects of the game, though.

As for the pokemon themselves, I try not to judge the games based on that, seeing as that's pretty subjective (yet all that genwunners/antigenwunners seem to talk about), but if I had to decide, I'd say I like X/Y's better.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: FierceDeity on February 10, 2014, 08:03:24 PMif I had to decide, I'd say I like X/Y's better.

What do you like about XY Pokemon though? I really liked the starters (besides the evolutions of Fennekin) and the legendary Pokemon but overall as a gen I thought the designs weren't very attractive idk

FierceDeity

I honestly can't say; it's really hard to codify the criteria for what makes a good Pokemon design. Most descriptions would go along the lines of "I think that one looks cool/cute/whatever", haha.

Although I do agree, not too fond of Fennekin's evolutions.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 10, 2014, 08:04:38 PMWhat do you like about XY Pokemon though? I really liked the starters (besides the evolutions of Fennekin) and the legendary Pokemon but overall as a gen I thought the designs weren't very attractive idk
For me, I'd say that there aren't really very many Pokémon in Gen 6 that I disliked (with those being the Chespin line and Aromatisse), but it wasn't so for Gen 5 (and there are many Pokémon I feel are just "average").
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Roz~

Fennekin's evos are so disappointing u_u
I like XY more 'cause I like the new fairy types, I like the mega evo mechanics, and I love the 3D battles. I like most of the new pokemon too. That's why I personally like XY more. For some reason I didn't like BW that much.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Roz~ on February 10, 2014, 08:12:21 PMI like XY more 'cause I like the new fairy types, I like the mega evo mechanics, and I love the 3D battles.

Love all of these things. XY is a very appealing game to play.

However, I like the gen V Pokemon themselves a lot better, and I like the Unova region better than Kalos.

And as something that's important for me, most of the music in X and Y ss uninteresting or even boring. All of the battle themes are really meh and there are only a couple highlights for me personally (like Lumiose, Anistar, Snowbelle, some of the route themes). In Black and White and the sequels, I liked basically the entire soundtrack.

K-NiGhT

I liked BW for just about everything except the graphics. Something about it just seemed kinda clunky imo.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Yugi

holy shit 5 pages in a day what

But in all seriousness, I view Let's Play as a walkthrough with a lot more personality involved, and a way of playing a game if I'm not getting it myself. Also, sometimes people actually get the game because of the let's play, which in turn drives up the game's sales.

Although, if I was a game developer, I wouldn't allow people to make monetize let's plays of my game.