Unpopular Opinions!

Started by Yugi, July 03, 2013, 08:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

Not everyone has infinity budget for discretionary spending.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

In my opinion, having no budget for games doesn't give anyone the right to experience them for free.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

KefkaticFanatic

wot?  You are saying that people viewing a playthrough of a game are leeching and shouldn't be allowed to do so?

Perhaps it is something on a platform not easily accessible to them (old) or that they don't own, or perhaps it's some import game they are very unlikely to get their hands on.  Or maybe some people actually enjoy things you dislike.

Or perhaps there is no merit to such saying as the experience is quite different in playing a game vs just observing, and in any case making such content only increases exposure and potential popularity of a title.  It's not some evil keels the poor dev thing.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

SuperFireKirby

The fuck are you going on about Slow? Half the time I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or if your opinions are really just that idiotic.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Dude

I usually just pirate stuff whenever possible so i can try it first and if i like it i'll buy it so yay me

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Dude

SlowPokemon

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on February 10, 2014, 10:17:08 AMThe fuck are you going on about Slow? Half the time I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or if your opinions are really just that idiotic.

Half the time I can't tell if you're stoned or actually that idiotic but then again either option isn't very appealing

Dude

Whoa! There's drama that wasn't started by me! That's a first! \o/

mikey

dramas are unpopular opinions now?  :o
unmotivated

SuperFireKirby

Some dramas are pretty coll. Some are meh though, usually because they overblow it or the plot/characters/dialogue suck, since I feel those are the three key elements to making any drama(or any story for that matter) good.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 10, 2014, 11:24:42 AMHalf the time I can't tell if you're stoned or actually that idiotic but then again either option isn't very appealing
A witty one, aren't you? But seriously, saying someone shouldn't be able to watch a let's play because they can't afford a game is like saying someone shouldn't be able to watch a sporting event because they can't afford to join a club or league. It's absolutely ridiculous. It's not even something worth wasting the energy of having a stance on because it's so inconsequential, really.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

blueflower999

I love Let's Plays but they do kind of take the fun out of playing the games for the first time. I usually only watch them if I've played the games before and want to hear someone's commentary on it or use it as a guide to 100% a game I'm currently playing.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Dude

SlowPokemon

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on February 10, 2014, 01:06:50 PMSome dramas are pretty coll. Some are meh though, usually because they overblow it or the plot/characters/dialogue suck, since I feel those are the three key elements to making any drama(or any story for that matter) good.
A witty one, aren't you? But seriously, saying someone shouldn't be able to watch a let's play because they can't afford a game is like saying someone shouldn't be able to watch a sporting event because they can't afford to join a club or league. It's absolutely ridiculous. It's not even something worth wasting the energy of having a stance on because it's so inconsequential, really.

LOL. THAT IS NOT AT ALL WHAT ITS LIKE.

You really are stupid if you don't understand why I think game developers deserve money for their work. Your sports analogy is so terrible it's hilarious.