News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Unpopular Opinions!

Started by Yugi, July 03, 2013, 08:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jompa

That's what this topic is for i guess :p
Birdo for Smash

SuperFireKirby

Yeah, Jompa easily claims victory in this fight.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

MasterProX

Quote from: FireArrow on December 17, 2013, 03:55:12 PMThe problem is that society will label someone who can sing along with chord progressions on a guitar as a musical genius. >_>

Oh yeah, so this sort of thing happened again today in my math class.  I was playing the Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2 on the piano there, you know, being all awesome... then these girls from another class just come in, push me our of the chair, and start playing some retarded-ass song with the same chords being repeated over and over again in quarter note rhythms (there was supposed to be singing too but no one knew how to sing). All of a sudden everyone's yelling...

"Oh my God you guys are so good!" "You should teach me how to play the piano like that!" "Where'd you learn to play like that?"

At least one of my friends knew how stupid everyone was, complimenting them and not me and whatnot... but holy shit, I almost exploded then. People piss me off so much.

Nebbles

Christ, they pushed you out of the chair? I would've hit 'em. How rude.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

MasterProX

But they're girls. (EDIT: Musically illiterate and ill-tasted girls.)

Nebbles

Doesn't mean anything. Be equal, punch all douchebags equally.

MaestroUGC

I've been in situations like that before, so I just quote the great Jelly Roll Morton (early stride pianist and composer who was very arrogant and bever missed an opportunity to show off):

"Get away from the piano, you're hurting its feelings."

At which point they either walk away or I simply start playing around them until they leave.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Nebbles

Playing around would work. Just play notes that clash with their notes until they get so annoyed they just leave.

Clanker37

And then risk getting branded a douche yourself by the people around. There's no real good way to deal with douchebags, especially when surrounded with more douchebags.

Nebbles

Yeah. Darn. Curse of douchebaggery.

MasterProX

Unpopular opinion.

Douchebags suck.

...wait a second...

mikey

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 19, 2013, 08:43:00 AMWell, in this instance you were fighting a losing battle xD
Quote from: SuperFireKirby on December 19, 2013, 10:14:26 AMYeah, Jompa easily claims victory in this fight.

PROBLEM:  This thread is unpopular opinions- Since Clanker's opinion was pretty much pooped on he wins because it's more unpopular
BOOM
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Well it's one thing to have an opinion and another to be incorrect. :P
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Yugi

Quote from: MasterProX on December 20, 2013, 11:39:46 PMOh yeah, so this sort of thing happened again today in my math class.  I was playing the Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2 on the piano there, you know, being all awesome... then these girls from another class just come in, push me our of the chair, and start playing some retarded-ass song with the same chords being repeated over and over again in quarter note rhythms (there was supposed to be singing too but no one knew how to sing). All of a sudden everyone's yelling...

"Oh my God you guys are so good!" "You should teach me how to play the piano like that!" "Where'd you learn to play like that?"

At least one of my friends knew how stupid everyone was, complimenting them and not me and whatnot... but holy shit, I almost exploded then. People piss me off so much.

????????

Olimar12345

What, you didn't have a piano in your math class? In high school, my math class had like 4 practice rooms(each with a piano), 3 ensemble rooms, a separate room for storing instruments, and plenty of chairs and stands. Also I skipped math a lot.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!